Flammable gas alarm installation and inspection
Source: Vedard Alarms
Flammable gas alarm is used at home, hotel, restaurant and chemistry industry, factory etc. It consists of detector and gas density indicator. It monitors the leakage of flammable gas and show density of flammable gas.
When the flammable gas detector is installed, the monitored field is fixed.
There are a few key notes to refer before installing.
1.Make sure the points of potential gas leakage and calculate leakage gas pressure, leakage volume at unit time and leakage direction. Mark A, B, C as leakage degree.
2.According to air flow at the spot, draw direction of leakage.
3. According to leakage gas density (heavier than air or lighter than air), and air flow trend, draw the 3D leakage flow drawing.
4. Set monitor point under the flow point made at leakage flow drawing.
5. We need to guess the leakage state whether it is slight leakage or spraying leakage. If it is slight leakage, we need to install the detector near it. Otherwise, we can install the detector a little far away.
6. It is suggested to have detector every 10-20m.
7. For spot with hydrogen leakage, we need to install detector over the leakage point.
Regular inspection is required for the flammable gas alarm device.
By Vedard Burglar and Fire alarm Technology www.vedardalarm.com