2020 has been a challenging year for everyone involved in the security industry, a&sMag interviewed Craig Schutte, General Manager, Asia Pacific and IMEA, at Gallagher to find out how Gallagher has been affected by the pandemic. We find out what interventions Gallagaher have taken as they adapt to the ever-changing global situation.
2020 has been a challenging year for everyone involved in the security industry, asmag.com interviewed Craig Schutte, General Manager, Asia Pacific and IMEA, at Gallagher
to find out how Gallagher has been affected by the pandemic. We find out what interventions Gallagaher have taken as they adapt to the ever-changing global situation.
1. 2020 has been a challenging year due to COVID-19 how has it impacted Gallagher? How have you managed to maintain contact with clients and partners?
COVID-19 has impacted the way we conduct business
both internally and externally. Gallagher is a very customer centric business, our local in-market relationships are key. We have maintained and increased our customer contact time with webinars and extensive use of Microsoft Teams and other platforms. Our interaction with our Channel Partners (security integrators) has been more focused, and in some markets we are actually more productive. The use of online and virtual training has been extremely successful which allows greater flexibility with our channel partners and end users. We will complement our business moving forward by utilising these platforms in conjunction with face-to-face meetings.
2. What changes has the pandemic caused in client’s demands? Are there any new features that are being requested by clients as a result of the pandemic?
In Asia – COVID-19 safe access control and entry utilizing biometrics [are in demand] replacing current technology. Facial recognition, mask recognition, temperature measuring, and contact and proximity tracing apps are where the markets are going.
3. Looking into the near future, there is still considerable uncertainty. Are you making any changes to your business operations as a result?
We are implementing COVID-19 safe practices which incorporate working from home offices, focused travel, greater use of technology-based meeting and webinar solutions. This allows our teams to conduct business remotely whilst achieving the desired results and customer satisfaction.
4. You’ve recently announced the expansion of your APAC leadership team, how is the demand in APAC compared to other parts of the world and which regions within APAC do you identify as high growth markets? What is your plan for those countries?
We have made strategic decisions to scale and expand our teams throughout APAC and globally. Our staff expansion is currently under way specifically in SE Asia and China to support our regional and global relationships.
5. From a vertical point of view, can you point to any growing verticals in APAC? Is there any market demand that you feel is still unmet?
The key verticals in APAC would be utilities, transport, government, education, finance, and manufacturing.
6. Product roadmap: what do you see as the main pillars of your future product development? Which market needs drive your product development the most?
Gallagher continuously invest in R&D with 15 percent of profits put back into our business every year. Our product development caters for multiple global markets with product synergies being shared. The main pillars of development are driven by our customers whilst maintaining integrity and cyber security awareness.
7. Product roadmap: are there any new product launches planned for the coming months?
Gallagher has two releases of Command Centre each year with v8.40 being released in the next couple of months, which has numerous market driven features included. We are not aware of any other companies offering such a commitment to their customers.