Selecting the best access control solution with the temperature monitoring feature involves close scrutiny of companies, their technology, and the target market.
Some of the top access control solution providers saw the changing market conditions and rising demand for temperature monitoring and came up with effective integrated solutions. Most of the best devices in the market offer a similar quality, and at this level, the margin for error is quite narrow. Here we present the top biometric access control solutions with temperature screening sensors in alphabetical order.
The Fever Detection and Facial Recognition Terminal From Aratek uses an infrared thermometer integrated into an access control system. Facial recognition is the primary modality, while the RFID card reader is the secondary. A fingerprint reader can also be added as an option.
- Infrared thermometer for contactless temperature detection in real-time
- 2-megapixel dual HDR camera with a facial recognition algorithm
- RFID reader for secondary authentication
The Dahua Temperature Monitoring Access Control is suited to a wide range of verticals, ranging from offices and residences to educational institutions and manufacturing plants. The solution can either be wall-mounted or set on top of a turnstile device.
- Extensive storage of facial images and temperature information enabling easy historical access
- High-speed facial recognition and temperature monitoring to reduce access congestion
- Integration with third-party products such as turnstiles and VMS
Part of Hikvision's Ultra Face Recognition Terminals series, the Minmoe DS-K1T671TM-3XF, can detect the temperature and face of a subject standing as far as 2 meters away. The solution will display temperature readings on the authentication page. When an abnormal temperature is detected, the solution will provide a voice alert and can deny access.
- Temperature measuring range: 30 °C to 45 °C (86 °F to 113 °F), accuracy: 0.1 ° C, deviation: ± 0.5 °C
- Recognition distance: 0.3 to 2 m
- Face mask compliance alert
To cater to the current demands in the market, Invixium has come up with an enhancement kit for its TITAN series that augments the device with a temperature monitoring feature.
- A thermographic camera for temperature measurement
- Enhancement kit comes with an aluminum body to operate in rough conditions
- Enhancement kit available in two different color options
NEC's NeoFace Thermal Express promises rapid, touchless physical access and hygienic thermal screening in demanding high-throughput environments. NeoFace Thermal Express operates on NEC's cloud-based Digital Services Platform.
- Detects personal protective equipment, including face masks
- Delivers a scalable and modular platform with enhanced video and thermal analytics
- +/- 0.5o F thermal screening accuracy
Sunnell's Face Recognition Terminal provides an integrated temperature monitoring solution that has a range of 30 °C to 45 °C (86 °F to 113 °F). Detection of abnormal temperature triggers voice alerts.
- Accuracy: 0.1 ° C, Deviation: ± 0.3 °C
- Recognition distance: 0.3 to 1.5 m
- 24,000 face capacity, 160,000 event capacity
This solution takes Suprema's already popular Facestation 2 access control terminal and adds a thermal camera to it. It displays the temperature on a GUI and raises alerts when the abnormal temperature is detected.
- Measures upper face area designated by FaceStation 2
- Uses a thermographic camera with 19,200 pixels per frame
- Promises temperature accuracy of ±0.5°C (0.9°F)
The Telpo TPS950T combines infrared thermography, face recognition, access control, and attendance to offer a solution that can ensure contactless temperature monitoring and entry control. It supports public and private cloud.
- Can measure at distances between 50 and 70 centimeters
- Accuracy of ±0.3°C
- Support for multiple languages for voice alerts
The TVT TD-E2128-TM/TP comes with an 8-inch LCD screen and works as a standalone device that's ready for networking. Face recognition uses deep learning algorithms.
- Works to detect temperatures ranging from 32 to 43 degrees
- Promises accuracy of ±0.3°C
- It can measure temperature from a distance of up to 50 centimeters.
The SF1005-V+ and SF1008+ from ZKTeco come with face & palm recognition sensors and has an intelligent energy-saving design. The solution has dual IR and VL camera for facial recognition in both standard and low light conditions.
- Can verify face with or without a mask
- A temperature accuracy level of +/- 0.6°F
- Can read the temperature from subjects standing up to 18 inches away