In the past, body temperature camera solutions had drawn little attention from users, and deployments weren’t much seen beyond temperature screening stations in airports. Yet, with the outbreak of covid-19, body temperature detection cameras have suddenly sprung up everywhere.
In the past, body temperature camera solutions had drawn little attention from users, and deployments weren’t much seen beyond temperature screening stations in airports. Yet, with the outbreak of covid-19, body temperature detection cameras have suddenly sprung up everywhere
and can now be seen not only in airports but also in train stations, offices and other end user entities. Indeed, with the end of covid-19 nowhere in sight, demands for these cameras will continue for a while. In this article, a&s picks the top 10 body temperature detection cameras based on the popularity of web search and mentions by buyers. They are listed here by alphabetical order.
Dahua Thermal Temperature Monitoring Solution
This particular solution is consisted of Dahua’s DH-TPC-BF5421-T hybrid camera, the DH-TPC-HBB Blackbody and DHI-NVR5216-16P-I 16-channel NVR with face detection. Together the three allow continuous and non-contact monitoring of human temperature.
1. ±0.3° C (±0.54° F) accuracy (with blackbody).
2. Long-distance rapid screening at up to 4.50 m (15.0 ft).
3. Enhanced power and data transmission distances (ePoE).
Dermalog Fever Detection Camera FLC1
Dermalog's technology scans people's faces and can check up to five people at a time, with measuring speed of 0.7-2 seconds. Ease of integration into the user's existing subsystems for example access control is another draw.
1. Detection distance of up to 2 meters.
2. Fever detection accuracy of ± 0.5 °C.
3. Measuring speed of 0.7-2.0 s.
FLIR A400/A700 Smart Sensor
When speaking of thermal solutions the company that comes to mind is FLIR, which now has the A400/A700 smart sensor for body temperature screening and other applications. Edge analytics, great measure accuracy and motorized focus control are some of the highlights of the device that can be deployed in a variety of user entities.
1. Includes options to adjust measurements and alarms based on a reference temperature source.
2. Registered by the FDA to detect differences in skin surface temperatures.
3. Provides exceptional image quality with up to 640 × 480 (307,200 pixels) and superior measurement accuracy (<±2°C).
Hikvision DS-2TD1217B-3/PA Temperature Screening Thermographic Turret Camera
Speed of detection definitely highlights Hikvision’s temperature screening thermographic camera series which detects skin-surface temperature of a person in one second and with accuracy up to ±0.3°C. This particular model offers a high-sensitivity thermal module and supports leading thermal processing technologies.
1. Noise-equivalent temperature difference (NETD) less than 40 mk (@25° C, F#=1.1).
2. Leading thermal image processing technology: Adaptive AGC, DDE, 3D DNR.
3. Support audio alarm.
Kogniz Health Cam
The product wins on its design – the solution is deployed in a table form factor and can be placed on a desk, mounted on a wall or placed on a tripod. Combined with the company’s cloud service, the system can identify those who might have come in contact with people showing symptoms.
1. Continuously measures body temperature of groups of people entering a building.
2. Real-time notifications when people are present with fever-like symptoms.
3. Remote access and sharing.
Mobotix M16 Thermal Camera
The device has a dual-lens configuration and allows three field of view variants: 45°, 25° or 17°. Another draw is the fact up to 20 temperature events can be configured in various scenarios, including body temperature screening.
1. Recording on an internal MicroSD card (4GB as standard)
2. Additional image sensor module options
3. PoE thermal camera with a maximum power consumption of 8W.
Opgal Therm-App MD
The Opgal therm-app MD is a mobile thermal imaging device that works with Android 8 and above smartphones. Opgal was one of the first companies during the SARS era to deploy fever detection cameras which the company said would be equally effective for covid-19.
1. Supported devices: Android 8 and up.
2. Includes Mini Android Single Board Computer source.
3. Available in a 6.8mm and 19mm lens configuration.
OT Systems Body Temperature Detection Solution
OT Systems’ body temperature detection solution comes in the form of a detection tower that includes a thermal camera, LCD monitor, PC and 4-wheel cart, which can be easily deployed in places such as malls, construction sites and office lobbies. Detection range of up to 9 meters is another draw.
1. AI human and object detection.
2. Snap-shot of person with abnormal temperature detected.
3. Multi thermal camera connection, event log with outstanding video capture for review.
SATIR CK350-F Thermal Imaging System for Fever Screening
One feature that sets this device apart from others is it’s a specially designed optical system for medical diagnosis, with operation software optimized for this purpose. With a 384 x 288 IR detector, the camera is suitable for places with large population flow for example airports, seaports and malls.
1. Thermal video/images have a temperature measurement range of 0°C ~ +60°C.
2. Measurement accuracy of ≤ 0.3 ℃.
3. Include tools such as motion detection, disk alarm, I/O alarm and temperature alarm.
Silent Fixed Modum Fever Detection Camera
Accuracy is a highlight of the Fixed Modum which when paired with a blackbody offers accuracy within 0.3 degrees. It is also paired with an HD visible camera allowing for the quick identification and recording of the source of the trigger.
1. Custom colors available.
2. Paired blackbody for temperature reference.
3. SDK support.