The top 10 intercoms for 2019, based on the page views and inquiries received on asmag.com, are listed.
From residential apartments to commercial buildings, intercoms have become indispensable, allowing occupants to see who is visiting. According to Markets Report World, the global intercom market is expected to register a compound annual growth of 7.92 percent between 2018 and 2025, growing from US$2.2 billion to $3.7 billion.
With a humble beginning in the form of speaking tubes, intercoms have evolved and include various advanced features today; nearly all intercoms in the market now feature cameras that can capture the outside scene. That said, below are the top 10 winners of the "Security Buyers' Choice Awards
" in intercoms for 2019, based on the page views and inquiries received on asmag.com.
The 4 button SIP-compatible flush mounted IP video door station features a 1.23 MP camera that captures clear images. Its use of SIP to integrate with Cisco Unified Call Manager and answer calls off-site is a plus.
• ONVIF Profile S Compliant.
• Camera vertical adjustment +15º, 0º, or -8º (manual).
• IP65 rated, weather resistant.
A wide-angle camera capturing panoramic views of the outside is included in the intercom, which also has a scheduling feature to grant access to individuals at specific times.
• Equipped with a backlit info panel and an integrated keypad for access control PIN codes.
• One call button backlit with an engraved bell symbol.
• Two-way audio system.
This is the first full digital 2 non-polarized wires system on the market. Ease of installation with no switchers or distributors is always a plus.
- Allows all types of possible connections: star, easy chain, distributed.
- Designed to be installed in both new construction and replacement works.
- Can manage up to 1,000,000 users or addresses.
The door phone comes equipped with a 2MP HD colorful 155° fish-eye camera with advanced features such as high-performance CMOS and self-adaptive IR supplement. The device also supports surface mounting and flush mounting.
• Video intercom function.
• Access control function.
• Tampering alarm and door magnetic alarm supported.
The device alllows calls forwarding to mobile devices and remote management from a smartphone or a tablet, regardless of where the user is.
• Automatic picture capture when the visitor calls.
• Guard unit call.
• Connection for additional devices.
No wiring is needed for the intercom, which employs the 1.9 GHz band frequency to avoid interference from home appliances on other frequencies.
• Easy Installation.
• Clear color video.
• 330 foot range from door to master.
As opposed to Wi-Fi, the device uses LTE to deliver video and audio communications. Integration with RFID, Bluetooth or fingerprint reader supporting modules is also appealing.
- Ideal retrofit solution.
- Secure configuration via cloud.
- Pick any of the 14 modules available.
The device comes with a built-in RF card reader and a 3MP camera. Inclusion of an access control system is another draw.
- Complies with ONVIF standard.
- IP audio and video.
- PoE IEEE802.3AF.
Particularly designed for residential applications, the indoor unit works with two outdoor cameras and enables one indoor phone extension. The HD touchscreen and intuitive menu are additional perks that users may find valuable.
• HD touch screen (1024*600).
• Built-in image memory (30 pieces).
• Ultra-thin thickness 15mm.
A highlight of this unit is simple integration with third-party applications. Home automation systems, for example, can be operated from the unit.
- Durable 7" HD touch screen
- Integration with home automation systems
- Easy connection via Wi-Fi