The following are the top ten IP cameras for 2019, based on the page views and inquiries received on asmag.com.
It goes without saying that video surveillance is increasingly moving towards IP. According to IHS Markit/Technology’s 2019 report, a total of 70 percent of all security cameras shipped in 2018 were network cameras, while global shipments of analog HD cameras fell in 2018.
Today’s network cameras come with more and more advanced features. AI/machine learning, high resolution and low-light capturing are some of them. That said, the following are the top ten winners for the "Security Buyers' Choice Awards 2020
" in IP cameras for 2019, based on the page views and inquiries received on asmag.com.
1. AI and machine learning
Androvideo is known for their edge AI cameras which have various applications. This camera embedded with facial recognition is suitable for access control whereby non-residents or blacklisted individuals can be recognized and alerted to the operator.
- Edge AI inside with face recognition and motion detection.
- Up to 10,000 people face database in local.
- 4K (3840x2160) 30fps UHD video recording.
- Intelligent IR up to 40m (131ft.).
2. People counting and recognition
This is a high-flexibility AI edge camera powered by the Intel® Movidius™ Myriad™ X VPU, which helps deliver best performance with a dedicated neural compute engine. It is designed to speed up inferences for deep learning programs.
- Sony Starvis CMOS sensor.
- 30fps @3840x2160 (8M) / 30fps @1920X1080 (2M).
- Built-in Intel Movidius Myriad X VPU.
The camera is equipped with a dual-lens technology, adding depth to images to make facial recognition even more accurate.
- Face recognition IR range up to 10 m.
- 1/2.8″ Progressive Scan CMOS.
- 1920 × 1080 @ 30fps.
3. Ultra high definition
With its high resolution, wide dynamic range and low-light capabilities, this FLIR visible camera is especially ideal for city surveillance and large-area monitoring.
- Maximum resolution 3840 x 2160.
- Minimum Illumination 0.04 lux (color) / 0.02 lux (BW), 0 lux with IR On. Measured with DSS Off at 30 IRE.
- WDR Shutter WDR, 130db.
A 4K wireless HDR camera supporting color night vision, this device offers various advantages for uses seeking to boost their home security. Through Apple HomeKit integration the user can operate the camera via the Apple Home app or Siri voice commands.
- 4K video with HDR.
- Auto-zoom and tracking.
- Dual, noise-canceling microphones, providing clearer distortion-free audio.
The camera accommodates 3 to 4 individually configurable camera sensors, offering 9 to 32 MP video resolution and panoramic views which can be beneficial for monitoring large areas, from parking lots to lobbies.
- Up to 32 megapixels total resolution.
- Features content adaptive IR technology to provide up to 30 meters (100 feet) of consistent lighting.
- H.265 compression technology.
Aside from the four 1/2.8-in. 2 MP progressive-scan STARVIS CMOS sensors, the camera also offers great WDR, day/night IR cut filter and IP67 rating for capturing in different environments.
- Four independent 1/2.8-in 2 MP STARVIS CMOS sensors.
- Flexible multi-directional IR dome with four 2.7 mm to 12 mm motorized zoom lenses.
- Dual-stream encoding per channel.
5. Low light
The camera offers true color of objects even in extremely low-light conditions, making it an excellent solution for users with nighttime surveillance needs.
- Up to 3840×2160@20fps.
- Min. illumination color: 0.01Lux@F2.0
- Smart IR, IR Range: 20m.
The camera’s low light, WDR and highlight suppression capabilities make it a suitable choice for safe city and rail applications.
- Wide dynamic range.
- Extra265, HD and low bandwidth.
- Supports lower light conditions.
Axis’s Lightfinder technology is always known for improving colors and low-light performance. Support for H.264 and H.265 to reduce storage and bandwidth is another plus.
- HDTV 1080p at up to 60 fps
- Lightfinder 2.0 and forensic wide dynamic range (WDR)
- Zipstream with support for H.264 and H.265