The article reveals the top 10 home automation solutions for 2019, based on the page views and inquiries received on asmag.com.
Needless to say, home automation solutions are seeing stronger demands from users who are seeking a more convenient and automated home experience.
Today, the top features that users are looking for in their home automation solutions are interoperability with Google Home, Amazon Alexa and Apple HomeKit, easy installation and AI, among others. That said, the following are the top ten winners of the "Security Buyers' Choice Awards" in home automation solutions for 2019, based on the page views and inquiries received on asmag.com.
1. Amazon Alexa ecosystem-interoperable
The device learns the user's preferred temperature setting and adjusts the HVAC to that level. Voice control by way of Alexa is always a plus.
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control.
- Auto-schedule: it learns the temperatures you like and programs itself.
- Home/Away assist: The device automatically turns itself down when you’re away to avoid heating or cooling an empty home.
As users build up their smart home devices from smart door locks to smart thermostat, a “brain” that controls these devices is critical. The HS3 smart home software does just that.
- Works with Amazon Alexa and Google Home assistant devices.
- Locally processed automation delivers performance, reliability and security.
- Controls light switches, thermostats, door locks, garage doors, water valves, energy monitors, environmental sensors, cameras and more.
2. Google Home ecosystem-interoperable
Water leaks are nightmares for homeowners, who can now be helped with this device which can be placed anywhere water leaks may occur. Being able to work with Google Home certainly makes things easier for the user.
- Work with Google Assistant and IFTTT.
- Battery powered, up to 1.5 years (AA).
- Works with your Wi-Fi – no hub required.
3. AI/Machine learning
The camera employs deep learning to improve accuracy and reduce false alarms. Any abnormality detected will trigger the camera to send alerts.
- Free local storage.
- 1080p video quality and 5Mp photo quality.
- Sony IMX 1/2.3-inch 5Mp image sensor.
The kit includes a Wi-Fi camera, Wi-Fi smart plug and Wi-Fi motion sensor, designed to let users set up their home security with a hands-on approach.
- 720p HD video quality – rich detail and crisp image quality.
- 11AC wireless – latest Wi-Fi technology for better bandwidth and improved range.
- Night vision - View up to 16 feet in total darkness.
The lock is designed for easy DIY installation, which takes less than an hour and only requires a few simple tools like a Phillips head screwdriver.
- Keyless deadbolt: It's secure and tamper-proof.
- Remote access: Lock and unlock the door with the Nest app.
- Unique passcodes: Give passcodes to family and guests.
Again with DIY in mind, the deadbolt is easy to install with just a screwdriver and is guaranteed to fit standard doors (1-3/8 in. to 1-3/4 in. door thickness and 2-3/8 in. or 2-3/4 in. backset).
- Pair with a Z-Wave smart home or security system to lock and unlock from anywhere.
- Use the fingerprint-resistant touchscreen and share up to 30 access codes instead of keeping track of spare keys.
- Secure encryption with S2 Security.
5. Apple HomeKit ecosystem-interoperable
Designed with energy savings in mind, the device allows the user to schedule their lights and other appliances and control them from anywhere via Apple HomeKit.
- Can still be controlled with the Aqara Wireless Switch even when Wi-Fi signal is weak.
- Can record the power consumption of appliances on a daily/monthly basis, helping you monitor and save on your monthly energy bills.
The smart lock securely pairs with the user’s smart device with which they can open and lock doors. Sharing access with others is also possible.
- Works with Apple HomeKit.
- Wi-Fi on demand.
- Rechargeable battery
Low-light capturing and control by way of Apple HomeKit are major features that users are looking for. The camera offers both.
- 4K video with HDR.
- Auto-zoom and tracking.
- Dual, noise-canceling microphones, providing clearer distortion-free audio.