Here we present a list of top ten storage solutions of 2019, based on the number of page views and inquiries on our site.
Surveillance cameras and software often steal the limelight whenever there is a discussion on security solutions. Storage, however, is an integral part of any security system. In fact, as the number of cameras continues to rise worldwide, footage generated also rises. Combine this with regulatory requirements for longer retention periods, and the importance of a high-quality storage solution becomes even more clear.
Here we present a list of top ten winners of the "Security Buyers' Choice Awards
" in storage solutions of 2019, based on the number of page views and inquiries on our site.
The main attraction of this NVR from Hikvision is the use of Deep Learning technology for behavioral analysis and people detection, with features to minimize false alarm rates. This analytic solution within the NVR also allows smart search for specific events in footages, which is useful for forensic purposes when response teams need to find evidence for specific incidents fast.
- Human body detection and behavior analytics based on Deep Learning
- Supports up to 32ch cameras including third-party devices
- Supports full channel recording at 12 MP resolution
- Supports up to 8 TB storage capacity for each HDD
For transit agencies, a mobile NVR is necessary. This solution from Dahua Technology, which is part of a series of similar products, can simultaneously record footage from up to four cameras and provide the same number of output videos. It comes with built-in motion detection algorithms that can trigger alerts.
- Supports H.265, which can save storage space and cost
- Up to 4 channels at 1080P resolution supported for real-time recording
- Support penta-brid(HDCVI/AHD/TVI/CVBS/IP) video input
- 1 HDD and 1 SD card supported
Johnson Controls’ IP and hybrid Network Video Recorders (NVRs) comes with features such as real-time email notification in case of an event. Besides security, its analytic solution can also help in business operations with customer and employee insights.
- Alarm-related video and tools in pre-defined layouts with event assess
- End-to-end multicast feature to view cameras directly when NVR is being updated
- Cost-effective redundancy solution with VideoEdge TrickleStor
- SmartStreaming enables triple streaming to maximize resources
Micron's i300 industrial microSD cards for edge storage open the possibility for a broad range of VSaaS deployments that no longer require local network video recorders, The i300 microSD card delivers surveillance-grade performance with 24/7 capture of stable, high-quality video.
Storage densities of 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 1TB enable more video to be stored at the edge and increase design flexibility
Three years of high-quality, continuous, 24x7 video recording in a wide range of temperatures and environments
With HDMI support and energy-efficient features, Synology’s NVR1218 aims to be an all-in-one standalone network video recorder for live monitoring and footage management. Mobile-based monitoring is also possible with an accompanying app.
- Supports up to 12 cameras while being energy efficient
- Local display at 1080p through HDMI
- Suitable for remote installations as no external network required
- Storage expandable up to 7 HDD
IDIS’s HE-1101 offers easy integration with third-party devices, HDMI and VGA, and mouse and keyboard operation from a remote location. The device supports H.265, allowing efficient storage of space and lower costs.
- Supports H.265, H.264, and MJPEG
- Supports maximum framerate of 1920 x 1080 @ 30fps
- Supports DirectIP, IDIS Protocol, ONVIF protocols
- Maximum network throughput of 30Mbps
Designed for all kinds of vehicles, including taxis, police vehicles, ships, and trucks, G-Scope 500+ allows remote monitoring from a centralized location. It allows wireless access to video streams through an additional LTE & GPS module or an additional WiFi module.
- Complies with EN50155/EN50121-3-2 for ruggedized vehicle hardware
- Offers network connections variants of 4 RJ45, 8 RJ45 or 4 M12x
- High-end 64-bit G-Core video engine
- Can connect up to 16 cameras depending on the processor
Eagle Eye’s cloud-managed video recorded CMVR 225 is designed for industrial applications, hostile IT environments, and support a wide operational temperature range. With both local and cloud storage, the company allows customers to choose a combination of subscriptions on a camera basis.
- Four integrated PoE ports to simplify wiring
- Ruggedized aluminum casing for tough conditions
- A fanless design allows low noise
- Supports SSD to withstand conditions in rugged environments
As intelligent devices make steady entry into security, Seagate offers an HDD that is created specifically for AI-enabled video surveillance solutions. SkyHawk AI comes with an AI firmware that ensures superior image quality while allowing AI-based applications to run in a continuously recording system.
- Supports up to 16 AI-enabled additional streams while recording from 64 cameras
- Can handle the heavy workload that AI-based applications bring on
- High reliability and low total cost of ownership with 2M-hr. MTBF and 5-year limited warranty
- Vibration management and sustained performance in 16+ bay NVR systems
Part of Surveon’s cloud NVRs, the GSe Pro 1004-16 comes with 4-bay hot-swappable hard disks, Full HD (1080P) video recording of up to 16 channels for a retention period from 7 to 30 days. The solution also supports cross-platform file sharing, cloud integration, and all RAID functions.
- Supports up to 4/9/16CH with cameras of 5MP or above
- 4-bay Hot-Swappable SATA Hard Disk supported
- Data protection with enterprise hardware RAID function
- Has Surveon’s enterprise VMS built-in