Join or Sign in

Register for your free asmag.com membership or if you are already a member,
sign in using your preferred method below.

To check your latest product inquiries, manage newsletter preference, update personal / company profile, or download member-exclusive reports, log in to your account now!
Login asmag.comMember Registration
https://www.asmag.com/showpost/34358.aspx
INSIGHTS

SALTO strengthening smart access technology in the growing Asia Pacific region

SALTO strengthening smart access technology in the growing Asia Pacific region
With new locations and a reinforced team in Asia, SALTO expects continuous growth in the access control market in 2022.
SALTO Systems, a leading manufacturer of electronic access control and operating system solutions designed to provide a seamless keyless and mobile experience for modern buildings, hints at further expansion in the Asia Pacific region.
 
As Asia moves out of the pandemic, smart access is not only a critical foundation for business resilience but will also be a key driver of the region's next wave of economic growth.
 
Over the past year, we have seen the digital transformation on an unprecedented scale. Entire industries have been reimagined and people now increasingly use digital means to work, live, learn, and be entertained, resulting in a real structural change that will outlast the COVID-19 pandemic. In response, SALTO Systems has accelerated growth in the Asia Pacific region. In 2010, SALTO entered into a joint venture (JV) agreement with a Singaporean company with the intention of expanding our geographic footprint and accelerating our growth. This cooperation has enabled us to establish a visible presence within a number of Asian countries as well as build a dedicated team of professionals that has been working hard to grow our market share. The JV was 51% owned by SALTO and we are pleased to announce, effective immediately, we have acquired the remaining 49% share of our Singaporean partner. As a result, the SALTO Singapore BU is now a 100% wholly-owned subsidiary of SALTO Systems SL to better support and co-innovate with customers and partners.
 
"I am proud of the dedication and hard work of our team over the past ten years. I would also like to thank our joint venture partners for their close partnership and especially for their support through some of the most difficult trading conditions we have seen in recent times,” said Scott Fraser, President, SALTO Asia Pacific.
 
"Asia now accounts for sixty percent of the world's growth and is leading the global recovery with the digitalization of business models and economies,” said Fraser. “Access control and smart technologies will continue to be a core foundation empowering the realization of Asia's ambitions, enabling projects across industries, countries, and communities, to drive our growth in the region."
 
In support of the change of ownership, we would also like to announce the following changes:
 

Singapore region and team

 
The region the SALTO Singapore Business Unit (SG BU) is responsible for has been revised to ensure our customers and partners receive the highest levels of service and support. The new region includes Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, and Myanmar.
 
Given Singapore's importance as a central hub within Asia, SALTO looks to maximise its presence and capability. In recognition of this, and to support the changes, SALTO has commenced the search for a new office to enable everyone to experience smart access technologies for work, life, and play in a brand new XSperience Centre.
 

Growing ‘in and with’ the Asia Pacific

 
The Asia Pacific is a vibrant epicenter of global economic activity and home to more than 60 percent of the world’s young people. No wonder the region has an ambitious eye on the future. The economies of the region are already generating unprecedented GDP growth and enthusiastically embracing emerging digital technologies as smart access to an even brighter future. With new locations and a reinforced team in Asia, SALTO expects continuous growth in the access control market in 2022.
 
SALTO started operating in the Asia Pacific region more than 15 years ago. With people in 10 markets in the area to deploy products and services as well as train and support customers. Many are also creating new applications based on access control platforms and integrated solutions.
 
To better service the region, and SALTO customers and partners, SALTO will establish three new locations with BU's in Japan, Indonesia, and the Philippines that can best support the market growth and partner experience. The Singapore BU will continue to look after Japan, Indonesia, and the Philippines whilst the new BU's are created.


Product Adopted:
Others
Subscribe to Newsletter
Stay updated with the latest trends and technologies in physical security

Share to: