The ComNet CNGE20FX4TX16MS Managed Ethernet Switch provides robust transmission of (16) 10/100/1000BASE-TX and (4) 100/1000FX SFP ports, of gigabit Ethernet data. Unlike most Ethernet switches, these environmentally hardened units are designed for direct deployment in difficult out-of-plant or roadside operating environments, and are available for use with either conventional CAT-5e copper or optical transmission media. Diverse media selection allows for easy implementation of point-to-point, linear add-drop, drop-and-repeat, star, or true self-healing ring and mesh network system architectures. The 16 electrical ports support the 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet IEEE 802.3 protocol, and auto-negotiating and auto-MDI/ MDIX features are provided for simplicity and ease of installation. All SFP ports utilize ComNet SFP modules for fiber and connector type and distance. These network managed layer 2 switches are optically (100/1000 BASE-FX) and electrically compatible with any IEEE 802.3 compliant Ethernet devices. Plug-and-play design ensures ease of installation, and no electrical or optical adjustments are ever required. The CNGE20FX4TX16MS incorporates LED indicators for monitoring the operating status of the managed switch and network. These units are DIN-rail or wall mountable.
- Uses interchangeable SFP for fiber type, distance and connector (Ordered separately)
- Security: 802.1x (Port-Based, MD5/TLS/TTLS/PEAP Encryption), RADIUS
- Redundancy: X-Ring Pro (ultra high-speed recovery time < 20 ms)
- Management: SNMP v1/v2c/v3, WEB, Telnet, Standard MIB, Private MIB
- Designed to meet full compliance with the environmental requirements (ambient operating temperature, mechanical shock, vibration, humidity with condensation, high-line/low-line voltage conditions, and transient voltage protection) of NEMA TS-1/TS-2 and the Caltrans Specification for Traffic Signal Control Equipment.