The ComNet CNFE3DOE2/M allows any combination of two RS-232, RS-422, or 2 or 4-wire RS-485 serial data circuits to be inserted onto any 10/100 Mbps Ethernet-based network. The CNFE3DOE2/M units include two serial data input/output ports, and three Ethernet ports featuring two electrical ports and one SFP port. It may be used to tunnel serial data over an IP network or as a media converter, for converting copper transmission media to fiber. Access one serial device from the Internet and another serial device from a local area network (LAN) using SSH or SSL. The CNFE3DOE2/M provides control of the remote hardware, as if it were connected directly to the PC COM port. A USB to serial converter may be required in new PCs without a DB9 serial connection.
- Electric Port Supports Auto-negotiation for Full Duplex or Half Duplex Data Throughput
- Environmentally hardened for deployment in difficult unconditioned out-of-plant and roadside installations
- Voltage transient protection on all power and signal input/output lines provides protection from power surges and other voltage transient events.
- RS232/422/485 selectable serial ports
- Compact form-factor saves space in those installations where space may be at a premium.
- Status indicating LEDs provide rapid indication of critical operating parameters.
- Automatic resettable solid-state current limiters