Secutech Thailand to return in 1 – 3 November, at the Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre.
Amid considerable interest from international and domestic companies in the security and fire safety fields, Secutech Thailand has outlined the market’s key drivers and innovations. Bringing some 13 years of experience in the country, the fair organizers continue to hold a positive outlook on the local market. At a joint press conference with the Thailand Building Fair in Bangkok on 11 July, the organizers will discuss the main features of the upcoming fair and introduce key supporters of the 2023 edition. This serves as a prelude to the 8th edition of the security, fire safety and smart living show scheduled from 1 – 3 November, at the Bangkok International Trade & Exhibition Centre (BITEC).
The 2023 edition is already receiving great interest from international exhibitors and domestic players. To date the show has signed up diverse exhibitors from around the world, including, China, India, Israel, Korea, Taiwan, the United Arab Emirates and the United States, while Singapore will be represented at an international pavilion. From a product standpoint, all the latest technologies in security and fire safety will be represented, such as artificial intelligence, facial recognition, video surveillance, access control, fire safety and personal protection equipment. The show also receives huge support from well-known organizations, including the Asia Pacific Security Association, AMATA Facility Services, BSA, the Thai Generator Association, the Thai IoT Association, the Thailand Productivity Institute and the Thai Security Association.
Ms Regina Tsai, General Manager, Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd – Taiwan Branch said, “The Thai market is forward looking in adopting and experimenting with new technologies. End users are not conservative and are happy to embrace novel technology. This makes it an attractive opportunity for companies that thrive on innovating and pushing technological advancement as a key value proposition.”
Ms Tsai adds “Thailand is a powerhouse in the ASEAN region, and the Thai market typically accounts for around 1/3 of ASEAN revenue. According to research, the global security market size was valued at USD 119.75 billion in 2022.”
Technological innovation is once again expected to dominate across the 2023 show, with products and equipment for smart security and fire safety solutions catering for the industrial, building, commercial, transportation and hospitality sectors. The show will also feature a full range of personal protection equipment and industrial safety products.
“There is no replacement for personal connections, and building relationships is key to fostering business in Thailand,” says Ms Tsai. “By attracting a large number of buyers and project leaders from Thailand’s Eastern Economic Corridor, as well as buyer delegations from neighboring ASEAN countries, Secutech Thailand provides an excellent platform for exhibitors to find new sales channels.”
Thai security market shows significant potential
The Thai market is predicted to grow in 2023 as projects that were previously halted during the pandemic resume. Several verticals are expected to show the most potential and Secutech Thailand is actively engaging end users from these fields in its fringe programme of educational seminars and forums. Key areas of focus include:
- Industrial estates and manufacturing facilities in the Eastern Economic Corridor (EEC): Increased investment by both the government and the private sector in the EEC is expected to increase demand for security and fire safety solutions. In January to March this year, the EEC topped the regional FDI rankings, attracting USD 2.88 billion worth of investment pledges, nearly double the USD 1.56 billion filed a year earlier.
- Transportation and parking technologies: Focusing on traffic violation detection and the application of video analytics for improved traffic control, e-tolls, and parking management, these trends are supported by the Thai government's ongoing smart city and urban management initiatives.
- Multi-use buildings: In metropolitan areas where offices, retail, hospitality, and housing are combined. Flagship projects in Bangkok and other major cities accommodate tens of thousands of tenants and visitors daily, necessitating comprehensive security, management, and energy-saving solutions.
- Data centers: Thailand is experiencing a significant influx of data centers, including three Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centers under construction, GSA (a joint venture of Gulf/Singtel/AIS), and others. Such projects necessitate high-end security technology to ensure the safety of facilities and the protection of customer data.
- Other verticals markets such as smart cities, gated communities, retail and hospitality will also be priority topics at the Secutech Thailand fringe program.
Secutech Thailand is organized by Messe Frankfurt (HK) Ltd - Taiwan Branch and Worldex G.E.C. Ltd. For more details, please visit www.secutechthailand.com
. Alternatively, please call Ms Michelle Chu at +886 2 8729 1099 ext 768, or email email@example.com
Safety and security are increasingly important basic needs and, therefore, stand for a growing global market. With ten trade fairs, congresses and forums around the world, Messe Frankfurt brings together demand and supply worldwide with progressive, connected products, applications and services focusing on commercial security and the protection of buildings, spaces and people. The Safety, Security & Fire business cluster offers access to the dynamic markets of the Arabian Peninsula, Asia, Europe and South America.
Further information here