Edge360 announced the launch of its new Video Management Software, Surveill VMS, the first fully containerized VMS running on microservices. Surveill VMS was originally created to support the U.S. government on a global scale and now offers the private sector a true-enterprise surveillance technology that can scale with their business.
Edge360 announced the launch of its new Video Management Software, Surveill VMS, the first fully containerized VMS running on microservices.
What are containers?
Containers are executed software images with all the prerequisites installed, all running in an isolated environment. This allows services that would run in separate environments to run together on a single platform, eliminating the need for massive amounts of hardware.
Traditional VMS systems require multiple operating systems to run applications, creating the need for additional hardware. Surveill VMS containers are made with a microservices architecture, containing individual components of a VMS that can now run together in a virtual enviornment.
Surveill VMS containerized software makes systems running containers more lightweight and portable with less overhead and hardware. An additional benefit of a containerized approach is that the VMS can be deployed to multiple different operating systems and hardwae configurations. The benefits are minimal hardware, maximized performance, and significantly reduced labor requirements for deployment and maintenance of the system.
- Monitoring & Telemetry
- Event & Analytics
Flexible Enterprise For Everyone
Surveill's containerized approach is suitable for an organization of any size. There are a few version users can choose:
- Surveill Standard is for smaller, single-location companies. It is the perfect fit for retail shops, parking lots, or office buildings with basic security needs, hosting up to 50 camera channels.
- Surveill Professional is for mid-sized businesses in need of an unrestricted number of camera channels on a single site.
- Surveill Executive is for mid-sized and large-scale installations in need of an unrestricted number of cameras on multiple sites.
- Surveill Elite is for large-scale, high-security installations in need of an unrestricted number of camera channels on multiple sites. Surveill Elite has an open API to easily integrate with 3rd party solutions so established infrastructures can merge with Surveill seamlessly.
ON-PREMISE, HYBRID, OR CLOUD
Surveill VMS is cloud-ready. Optimized to scale with your organization, Surveill Cloud offers secure storage for your surveillance data, easy deployment, and no hardware limitations.
Surveill VMS was originally created to support the U.S. government on a global scale and now offers the private sector a true-enterprise surveillance technology that can scale with their business.
“Edge360 makes products that are operationally-appropriate, specifically designed to answer to real-world issues in mission-critical environments,” said John Rezzonico, CEO, Edge360. “Surveill VMS was built with purpose. To provide a true Enterprise solution that scales horizontally with a reduced hardware footprint in a solution that is easy to maintain, even on a global scale.”
Features of Surveill VMS include:
• Containerized platform – multiple microservices running on a single server, communicating in a virtual environment
• Built-in failover and redundancy
• Active-Active Clustering
• API-First Technology ready to integrate with third party security solutions
Benefits or Channel Partners
Channel Partners benefit from Surveill’s significantly speedy installation and deployment. Surveill’s installation takes approximately 30 minutes, and the technical clustering process only takes a few minutes. This method stands out against traditional architecture, which requires the user to install each service on each server, this requires time and effort from specialized engineers.
Surveill installations do not require any specialized engineers, the solution is ideal for IT-Centric environments. The installation process uses an install wizard to automatically deploy and start all the necessary components to load the Surveill application. With that said, partners are trained and certified via the Partner Training Program so they are equipped with the tools they need to succeed, both technically and from a sales perspective.
Additionally, Surveill VMS has a simple licensing structure. There is simply a base license and a device license, there are no hidden costs or additional licensing. For example, no additional licensing for redundancy.
Surveill is available now, offering options for organizations of any size. For more information about Surveill VMS, visit www.surveill.com.