Tamron, an integrated optics manufacturer and leader in the security/surveillance equipment industry, announces the market launch of a series of fixed-focal lenses for machine vision use that support full 5-mega-pixel resolution for 1/1.2” imagers in industry-leading compact bodies: Model: M112FM12/M112FM16/M112FM25.
, an integrated optics manufacturer and leader in the security/surveillance equipment industry, announces the market launch of a series of fixed-focal lenses for machine vision use that support full 5-mega-pixel resolution for 1/1.2” imagers in industry-leading compact bodies: Model: M112FM12/M112FM16/M112FM25.
Mega-pixel cameras used for machine-vision applications including production equipment, substrate mounting equipment, various test equipment, and various engineering machines migrate toward larger-size imagers and higher resolution. A variety of lenses are available in the market to fit such applications. However, a camera-and-lens combination needs to be optimized for the individual installation condition. Some specific production equipment, substrate inspection equipment, and industrial-use printers mandate lenses that can be installed in a limited space, and ensure high resolution and high contrast imaging in a close-shooting distance.
Tamron’s machine-vision mega-pixel lens portfolio currently offers lenses for 1.1” imagers (4 models in M111FM series), 1/1.8” imagers (6 models in M118FM series), and 2/3” imagers (7 models in M23FM series, 3 models in 23FM series). With the addition of new compact lenses for 1/1.2” imagers (M112FM series), the portfolio offers the widest selection of high-resolution lenses that address customers’ particular needs.
Tamron, as an integrated lens manufacturer, aggressively develops distinguished high-resolution fixed-focal lenses that address customers’ critical requirements in machine vision, particularly for high optical performance that assures high-fidelity over the whole image, and advanced user utility.
- Unrivalled high contrast and high resolution in the industry: The new models are compatible with both 5.86μm pixel-pitch 1/1.2” imagers and 3.45μm pixel-pitch 2/3” imagers, and assure an equivalent resolution of full 5 mega-pixels, an industry-leading resolution and contrast in f29mm machine-vision lenses. Tamron’s proprietary optical design offers equal first-class performance in all different focal lengths of the models.
- Advanced coating technology and state-of-the-art optical design: Tamron’s state-of-the-art optics and advanced coating technologies assure distinguished optical performance, particularly in contrast and resolution, and superb optical transmissivity for crisp and clear images.
- High-quality imaging in a close-shooting distance: The new lenses assure high-quality imaging in frequently-used close-shooting distances.
- Rigid inspection on quality: Critical performance in resolution is thoroughly examined from the center to the periphery of images, assuring high-contrast and high-resolution, devoid of unbalanced blurring, throughout the entire lens view.
- Improved maneuverability and user utility: Rotational torque is increased to improve maneuverability for focusing and iris adjustment. Lock-screw positions are increased to four instead of the three of the former models, assisting easier installation for users.
- Cosmetic design of rugged look: A metal barrel is employed to improve durability and robustness against vibration, giving a cool and rugged exterior look.
- A commonly-used setscrew is included as a standard accessory: A lock-screw used in previous models is replaced with an embedding-type setscrew, making the lens barrel free of a screw-head to enable installation in a compact space.