Smiths HCVM Cargo and Vehicle X-Ray Inspection
- Supplier: Smiths Detection
- Region: United States
- Updated: 09/15/2009
- Click Frequency: 3776
- The HCVM has been applied in the fight against smuggling and terrorism, making it suited for homeland security customs officers and government authorities. With the HCVM, heavily loaded trucks and containers can be inspected without opening containers to seize smuggled goods, weapons, explosives and drugs.
The HCVM is ready to use in less than 30 minutes. It can inspect 25 trucks an hour. Its high energy penetrates steel up to 280 mm (11-inch) and provides high resolution images.
The HCVM simultaneously combines high performance imagery, an extremely short set-up time and a rapid inspection rate so that faster inspection turnaround times and increased traffic fluidity could be guaranteed.
* High-energy mobile X-ray scanner to inspect loaded trucks and containers
* 100-percent mobility makes it fully adapted to surprising inspections
* Autonomous system without external infrastructure
* Advanced high performance imagery technology
* Radioactive material detection