CCTV, IP Surveillance
- Country: Korea
- Tel: 82 -3 -12774399
- Fax: 82 -3 -12776597
- State: Jungwon-Gu
- City: Sungnam-City, Suwon-City,
- Address: 416, Maetan 3 Dong, YeongTong-Gu, Jungwon-Gu, Sungnam-City, Suwon-City, Gyeonggi-Do, Korea 443-742
- Website: www.samsung.com
- Business Nature: Manufacturer; Distributor / Dealers
- Contact Person: Jung Sun Ms. Lee,
Corporation in Brief
- OEM/ODM experience: no
- Countries of Export: Taiwan
- Samsung's Semiconductor Business was founded in Korea with the acquisition of Hankook Semiconductor in 1974. Early operations consisted mostly of developing and mass producing ICs and peripherals for such consumer electronics as analog and LED watches, televisions, audio players and microwave ovens. The pivotal turning point in Samsung's evolution into a leading semiconductor manufacturer was the successful development of the 64Kb DRAM in 1983, and the subsequent opening of the Giheung Semiconductor Complex and Samsung's first memory fabrication facility in 1984.
Through a strategy of aggressive growth, Samsung has held market leadership positions in Memory since 1993, and in NAND Flash since 2003. In 2001, the company signaled a long commitment to logic and analog chip development with the expansion of its System LSI Division and the opening of its SoC Research Lab. In 2004, Samsung's Hard Disk Drive Division was combined with its Semiconductor Business.
No data has been uploaded.