OnGuard version 8.2 highlights include locked reader override functionality, partner API enhancements and User Interface improvements.
LenelS2, a manufacturer in advanced security systems and services, has released the latest version of its flagship access control and alarm monitoring system, OnGuard Version 8.2. This new version empowers users to take advantage of a range of new value-added features and enhancements, including locked reader override functionality, third-party integration enhancements, customizable user-defined fields for alarm acknowledgement, additional cloud database support, and more. LenelS2 is a part of Carrier Global Corporation (NYSE: CARR), global leader in intelligent climate and energy solutions.
OnGuard v8.2 offers new override functionality to access doors in “locked” mode. This feature enables first-responders to navigate through locked doors when necessary. By simply setting a badge attribute, this override feature can help facilitate a timely response, supporting the safety and well-being of those in need during critical situations. This feature is designed to support first responders during site-wide lockdowns, such as those at schools and campuses or at manufacturing and chemical facilities.
As part of LenelS2’s digital transformation, OnGuard v8.2 has increased its capability with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure to include Amazon RDS cloud database support, additional Azure SQL support, and the addition of cloud platforms to its compatibility charts. Customers now have more resources to leverage the OnGuard platform’s Infrastructure-as-a-Service capabilities through self-managed hosting as an alternative to LenelS2’s upcoming OnGuard Cloud service.
Other key features now available in OnGuard Version 8.2 include:
- Additional functionality for partner integrations through LenelS2’s OpenAccess API, including efficiency improvements for accessing and processing of cardholder data
- Enhanced Reporting and Dashboards functionality through a new, native browser-based client providing a more consistent user experience and additional report customization options
- Enhanced emergency key recovery capabilities, available from the LenelS2 Technical Support Group
- Increased security of DESFire credentials through optional key diversification, providing unique keys for each badge
- Streamlined reporting and insight gathering from priority data through added user-defined fields/customization options, including the ability to add user defined fields to the alarm response and acknowledgement process
- Bi-directional communication support for Honeywell PW7000 series panels, increasing availability of the OnGuard platform for PW7000 customers
Steve Russo, VP of Product Management at LenelS2 said, "These new OnGuard Version 8.2 features boost our customers’ security profiles and improve operational efficiency." He added, "These and upcoming OnGuard releases deliver on our customers’ needs today and into the future.”
Additional OnGuard platform releases coming soon include new near-field communication (NFC) mobile credential capabilities and the initial release of OnGuard Cloud, a fully cloud-based version of OnGuard, offered as a service, that will meet the demands of customers looking to streamline maintenance and reduce total cost of ownership.