Videonetics MeraFace has been proven to be a reliable and scalable system for the government authorities, delivering fast and highly accurate results.
With a mission to recognize the faces of the people entering/exiting the premises of the Government Institution in Indonesia, and analyze their attributes in real time, the authorities needed an extremely robust and ‘highly secured’ facial recognition system. Due to heavy footfall at the premises, it was difficult for the staff to manually record information of visitors and verify their identities on daily basis. Sometimes, they faced challenges in verifying them due to changes in appearance or features.
The Videonetics MeraFace solution
The Videonetics MeraFace - facial recognition software was selected after a thorough technical evaluation by the partner as well as government decision-makers, Videonetics MeraFace was selected for its highest accuracy in recognizing and detecting faces, in varied lighting condition, providing additional attributes of gender, age and emotions, and comprehensive statistical reporting. Operating 24x7x365 on one of the busiest premises and having footfall from VIPs, citizens, media, and government officials, Videonetics MeraFace was deployed at strategic locations with high human traffic flows, including entry and exit and lift lobby areas of the institution.
1. Video streams from IP cameras are processed with MeraFace to detect faces in real time and operators can find probable matches with the registered faces. Any face which is not registered but has been captured and stored in the system can also be found anytime.
2. Operators have been keeping records of registered faces and attributes of the person’s face for future search and investigation.
3. Powered by AI & Deep Learning framework, MeraFace analyzes and delivers more information such as gender, age, emotion, which is helpful for officials to make accurate visitor analysis.
4. Now, operators can identify and classify VIPs, suspected and black-listed people in real time by clicks and the system will send the instant notification to the staff for any swift action.
5. At the time of any suspicious activity, operators can quickly investigate the person’s face in the given videos or collection of face images. Moreover, this feature has been phenomenally successful as an investigation tool, for conducting post-incident analysis.
Videonetics MeraFace has been proven to be a reliable and scalable system for the government authorities, delivering fast and highly accurate results. Today, the security staff can recognize and detect faces in real time. Furthermore, MeraFace has helped in appointing a smaller number of security guards around the entrance or exit of the premises, thanks to the automated facial recognition system of identifying and validating information. Risk of human errors in face matching has also been eliminated.