The NVT Model NV-EC1701 Ethernet over Coax EoC and the Model NV-EC1701U Ethernet over 2-Wire Transceiver are compact media converters that allow 10/100 BaseT Ethernet power to be transmitted using coax or 2-Wire cable. These devices are often used in legacy installations where existing cable is re-deployed as part of an upgrade to IP cameras.
These transceivers are extremely simple to use, with no IP or MAC addressing required. Status LEDs indicate power and link connectivity/activity for RJ45 and BNC ports. The NV-EC1701 and NV-EC1701U are backed by NVT's award winning customer support, limited lifetime warranty and advance replacements.
* Transmit 10/100 BaseT Full Duplex Ethernet up to 8,000ft (2,5km)* over RG-59U ; 2,000ft over 2-Wire/UTP; 1,300ft over Shielded Twisted-Pair*
* 48 or 56 VDC is distributed over the coax to all connected equipment; Powers PoE cameras (or other PoE devices), up to 50 Watts*
* Transparently supports all networking protocols (UDP, TCP/IP, HTTP, IGMP etc.)
* Advanced 128-bit AES encrypted transmission and PoE+ power technology
* Built-in transient protection; Industrial temperature range
* Available in 1-4 Camera System Kits
* Minimizes facility disruption and concerns about asbestos and lead abatement
* Supports IP and megapixel cameras or other 10/100 BaseT IP devices
* Simple configuration, no PC required
* One EoC Transceiver at the network-end can support up to eight remote Transceivers/IP cameras
* Up to four transceivers can be rack mounted on a Rack Mount Tray Kit, connecting up to 16+ cameras (see accessories)