The CEM AC2000 AE system is specifically designed for airports and provides advanced access control and a highly reliable security management solution. In addition to supporting advanced CEM card readers with on-board databases and airport-specific door modes, the system also offers a host of features that help airport management operate their facilities more efficiently. These key features include check-in desk enabling, passenger segregation, air bridge monitoring, taxi management and much more.
There are a host of new features available with AC2000 AE v5.0 including:
* New ¨look and feel〃 to front-end applications. The new generation software for CEM AC2000 AE offers a contemporary new look and feel for front-end operator workstations running under WindowsR XP.
* Ability to enrol and manage biometric iris templates directly from the AC2000 AE system. Iris templates can be captured via the AC2000 AE enrolment station while the cardholder details are entered. Instead of using third party biometric equipment and software, templates can be stored directly on the AC2000 AE server and distributed to CEM devices at control points via the network. This eliminates the need for two separate networks and enrolment processes as well as providing streamlined management of large numbers of templates or biometric points.
* Ability to run on the Fedora@ Linux operating system as well the existing SCO UNIX platform, making the system more affordable for smaller airports. A Linux server offers similar benefits to UNIX, such as reliability and flexibility, but at a lower cost.
* Airport-specific application screens such as Holders, Authorisers, Airport Utilities, designed to fit with the operations and procedures within the airport.
* Airport-specific user fields: IATA Code, Airport References, Authorisers, Quotaˇs
* Unlimited airport-definable fields. Each airportˇs system can be configured to capture data that is appropriate and relevant.
* Invoice reporting & automatic report scheduler. Schedule reports to run automatically for purposes such as throughput and invoicing.
* Airport Visitor Management. Manage, trace and record visitor access control throughout airports.