AMAG Professional Security Management Software
- Supplier: AMAG Technology
- Region: United States
- Updated: 12/13/2006
- Click Frequency: 4364
- Professional Edition is for medium-sized organizations requiring a client-server security-management system that can use existing LAN and WAN networks. It includes database partitioning, which allows multiple companies to share the same system, providing a cost-effective solution for buildings occupied by more than one organization.
The software provides a comprehensive range of standard features, including alarm monitoring and routing, visitor management, badging and map interfaces, with additional options available for specialist requirements. Client access is also available via Web browsers using optional Web Access modules. In addition, multiple companies are allowed to share the same system via database partitioning.
New optional building control modules allow easy automatic control of building systems, such as heating, ventilation, HVAC and lighting. By monitoring activity at access-control readers and using movement sensors, building-control modules determine whether areas are occupied, enabling security-management software to switch devices such as HVAC units on or off.
A wide variety of readers is supported, including magnetic stripe, proximity, smartcard, cac and biometricfingerprintreaders. In addition, Professional Edition employs open-system architecture, allowing import of data from other databases.
- Up to 512 card readers and nine clients
- Compatibility with mobile tablet PCs communicating over a wireless network
- Optional control of CCTV systems, digital video recorders, intercom systems and alarm panels