To help keep personnel working in high-threat environments safe, the Flare Real-Time Locating System (RTLS) instantly identifies and locates personal duress alarms at the touch of a button. Designed for reliability in institutional and industrial environments, the Flare RTLS uses proven, cost-effective technology that has been keeping staff safe for over 20 years.
The Flare RTLS uses patented technology that works with the building’s RF characteristics to accurately and reliably locate duress alarms. Operating in protected frequency bands that use dedicated spectrum, the system avoids the potential for interference.
In the event of danger, the user activates a Personal Protection Device (PPD) on his or her belt. The PPD emits an RF signal that is detected by a network of sensor units concealed throughout the building. Flare immediately locates indoor emergency alarms to within 6 m (20 ft) and displays the location, status, and identity of the PPD on a map-based display in the control room. Pull-pin and man-down (tilt activated) options are also available.
* Locates indoor personal duress alarms up to within 6 meters
* Low sensor unit density minimizes installation costs – up to 167 square meters of indoor coverage per unit
* Provides coverage in rooms, stairwells and corridors, with no blind spots
* Resolves to the floor in multi-level facilities
* RF signal is not blocked by smoke, heavy clothing or the human body
* Uses protected frequency bands to avoid interference