FINGER VP Desktop (Hybrid Vein + Print Scanner)
World leader in biometrics, IDEMIA has developed the first ever multimodal device capable of capturing and processing finger vein and fingerprint biometric data at the same time. Ergonomic, intuitive and highly secured, the FINGER VP DESKTOP unit is particularly suited to enrollment and desktop applications, such as logical access control, secure payment, ID control, etc.
- Universal and easy-to-adopt: successful enrollment is guaranteed - particularly for individuals who experience difficulties with mono-modal devices - with the same simplicity and ease of use as for fingerprints alone.
=> The Failure To Enroll (FTE) rate is greatly improved.
- Unparalleled accuracy: by reducing the probability of rejecting genuine individuals and accepting impostors, it gives an efficient response to both comfort and security concerns in any biometric application.
=> @FAR=10-4, FRR is 10 times lower than with the best of the 2 modalities.
- Resistance to spoofing: it combines the protection mechanisms intrinsic to each technology and also makes the most of the new characteristics resulting from the fusion
- Fusion of two complementary biometrics
- All-in-one: integrates sensor + embedded feature extractor & matcher + internal user database
- Multitask: suited for enrollment, authentication and identification
- Huge internal users database capacity: up to 50,000 users
- FBI PIV IQS certification
- SDK is available for integration into Windows and Linux platforms