Laird Connectivity Sterling-EWB Embedded 802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth 4.2 features the STM32 Arm Cortex M4 microcontroller (MCU). The Sterling-EWB is used to gather IoT intelligence and sensor data, and wirelessly send it to cloud services like Amazon AWS. The Sterling-EWB's variety of fully-certified form factors give design flexibility, reduce complexity and simplify hardware design.
The Sterling-EWB is based on Cypress’s WICED SDK and is a comprehensive IoT platform in a cost-effective package. The Sterling-EWB is extremely power conscious and ideal for battery powered devices. The development kit is designed to simplify application development and evaluation. The Sterling-EWB is built for a variety of IoT use cases and makes it easier than ever to bring data to the cloud.
- Onboard STM32F412 Cortex M4 Microprocessor – 256KB of SRAM, 1MB internal flash, and 2MB SPI flash, fully compatible with Cypress’s WICED SDK
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth via Cypress 4343W – 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth 4.2 BR/DR/LE
- Industrial Temp Range – Operating temperature of -40° to +85°C
- Module Options – SIP module, PCB module with onboard chip antenna, or PCB module with u.FL connector
- Wireless Security – WPA/WPA2, AES, TKIP, and much more
- Global Certified –FCC (USA), IC (Canada), ETSI (Europe), Giteki (Japan), and RCM (AU/NZ) [all pending]
- Simplify your Manufacturing – PCB module variants feature larger pinouts to simplify manufacturing and trace layouts
- Onboard Chip Antenna – Chip antenna variant offers high resistance to detuning for ideal performance in a smaller package and simplifies the certification process