The Edge Encoders work in concert with March Networks Video Management System (VMS) software running on industry-standard servers to archive all video, audio and data evidence. The architecture enables easy deployment of advanced video analytics and other industryspecific business intelligence applications.
Encoders use H.264 or MPEG?4 compression to consolidate and convert video from analog cameras onto a standard IP network. Organizations with large facilities can deploy Edge Encoders to leverage cost-effective analog technology, and to replace lengthy coaxial cable runs with a single network connection, saving an organization as much as 30% in labor and cabling costs. The Edge 4 Blade Encoder supports a fully scalable, centralized solution for IP video networking in high-density analog camera environments utilizing any existing cable infrastructure.
The Decode Station is used together with SiteManager software to decode and control the display of up to 64 video streams, and is ideally suited to operations control centers. The decoder automatically requests adaptive video streams from any encoder or VMS, dependent on the network bandwidth available, and provides a robust solution that retains its settings and automatically reboots after a power outage.
* Conversion of analog video to digital
* Up to 30 fps (NTSC) / 25 fps (PAL) @ D1 on each camera
* Flexible streaming options using H.264 or MPEG-4 video compression
* Compatible with leading third-party PTZ devices
* Bi-directional audio input/output
* Alarm inputs and relays for easy integration with access control systems
* Support for a range of embedded video analytic applications
* Power over Ethernet (PoE)
* Web browser interface available
* Constant, variable and adaptive bit