The iAuthenticate FIPS 201 approved smart card reader is designed to work with Apple iPhone, iPad and Mac, and supports standard ISO 7816 smart cards issued by the US Government (PIV and CAC).
The iAuthenticate reader supports standard ISO 7816 smart cards issued by the US Government (PIV and CAC). It can also be used with desktop computers through a microUSB connector (cable & software not included). The iAuthenticate reader includes a license to Thursby's PKard app for FIPS 140-2 secure access to web-based email, portals and collaboration sites authenticated to CAC, PIV or other approved smart cards.
* Designed for iPad, iPad2, The New iPad, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S running iOS 5.0 or higher
* Supports most popular ISO 7816 smart cards including CAC, PIV, PIV-I and CIV
* Fast, secure communication via the 30-pin connector, eliminating the security risks and reduced speeds associated with wireless connections
* Plugs directly into the device's 30 pin connector or via most third party docking stations and cases
* Includes Thursby's PKard FIPS 140-2 approved app
* Provision for use with lanyard
* MicroUSB port for use with Mac (additional cable & software required)
* Portable, Compact, ergonomic design with activity LED
* Compatible with most iPhone and iPad cases