CAM2IP, Geutebruck's DSP-based video encoder enables the easy integration of analog cameras into networks and puts intelligent video management beside the camera, where it relieves the network most. Designed to operate alongside GeViScope or re_porter CCTV platforms, CAM2IP reinvigorates existing infrastructure with high functionality and easy software upgrading. The existing analog camera becomes an intelligent network camera which feeds pictures into the network only when required, and then pre-formatted for the current viewing needs: saving bandwidth and network costs.
- Permanent or event-controlled encoding managed by built-in activity detection, host server TCP/IP alarm trigger, and/or direct alarm input
- DLS feedback from the display server enables CAM2IP to feed live pictures into the network pre-formatted for the current viewing window
- On-board activity detection or (optional) VMD supports variable video compression, dynamically matched with activity in the scene
- Dual channel streaming enables 25 fps high resolution stream for local recording plus a lower speed/format for live network viewing
- Fast encoding for normal handling of high speed domes and PTZ systems
- PoE supporting a camera up to 12V DC/600mA
- Suitable for basic indoor and sophisticated outdoor cameras