Bosch Security Systems introduces AVIOTEC, a new solution for reliable and early fire detection in challenging environments. Building upon proven Bosch camera technology and Bosch's Intelligent Video Analysis (IVA), video-based fire detection can supplement state-of-the-art fire detection technologies and enables early detection of smoke and flames in environments where these cannot offer satisfactory reaction times such as buildings with high ceilings or dusty and humid areas. AVIOTEC can also secure environments where no other solutions exist, for example saw mills or paper factories, hangars or extremely large monitoring areas.
Detect fire at the source
Using intelligent algorithms in surveillance cameras, AVIOTEC can identify smoke and flames as soon as they come into the range of the camera instead of having to wait for smoke to migrate to state-of-the-art smoke detectors. By detecting fires at the source rather than the ceiling, cameras can issue an alarm within seconds while for point detectors it can take minutes to detect an alarm condition. AVIOTEC is based on intelligent algorithms to distinguish between real fires and disturbance values like reflections, movements or backlights. This guarantees a very reliable detection with almost no false alarms. AVIOTEC offers proven detection reliability in all test fires (TF1 through TF8) as specified in EN54
The video-based fire detection system AVIOTEC scales well from a single camera to a networked system of distributed cameras with a central console and management system. Using Bosch's Dynamic Transcoding technology it can relay alarms to an existing fire alarm panel or transmit them via Ethernet to a monitoring center or even a mobile device like an iPad. Receiving HD quality video images in real time gives the firefighters a good understanding of the current situation even before they arrive on the scene.
Combining safety and security
Cameras are easy to install and require very little maintenance in contrast to state-of-the-art smoke and flame detectors. The use of PoE cameras (Power over Ethernet) can eliminate the need for individual power supplies and power cables, making AVIOTEC even more cost efficient. AVIOTEC can also be used for very small and distributed facilities such as power stations and signal boxes where the benefit does not justify the installation of fire panels.
* Detection of flame and smoke helps to identify hidden smoldering fires and burning liquids
* Fast detection at the source allows users to see fires where they start, speeding reaction times, improving rescue response and minimizing damage at the site
* No masking is necessary due to AVIOTEC’s capability to detect fires using the camera’s entire field of view in most cases
* Intelligence in the camera detects disturbances using raw data with no transmission or compression
* Live streaming enables live monitoring of environments and speeds up rescue response
* Video storage as a basis in order to perform root-cause analysis with recorded videos