The retail business is highly competitive and characterized by narrow profit margins. Theft, whether it is committed by employees, shoplifters or others, can therefore pose a major threat to a company's survival.
The nature of the retail business means that a large number of people has access to the premises, for instance to deliver merchandise or to shop. The potential risks involved require stores to meet demanding criteria with regard to security, safety, communications, and building automation. They pose security and safety challenges such as:
* Preventing unaccounted and accidental losses of inventory
* Detecting intrusion and shoplifting by staff or others
* Managing a wide variety of different access authorizations
* Dealing with fires and explosions
* Solutions from Bosch Security Systems help retailers to master these security, safety and communication challenges