Vicon Access Control is a full-featured credential-based system running on a TCP/IP network. It can be accessed and controlled by a standard web browser on a local or wide area network, the Internet or a wireless network.
No software installation is required to access the system. It is fully compatible with ViconNet Video Management System and combining the two provides a complete solution for access control and video surveillance applications from small systems to very large systems is thousands of access/monitoring points.
This Access Control on the Edge consists of dedicated Vicon Access Control Server and the edge Controller(s).
The Server contains the operating system, database engine, web server, application software and configuration data.
The Controller communicates back to the Server over the network and provides an interface to readers, relay outputs, door locks, etc. A variety of software licensing options are available, including 1 or 5 years or perpetual for 40, 80, 120 or an unlimited number of doors.
* Fully distributed processing ensures operation even during network outages
* Smart responsive web-based user interface
* Fully integrated with ViconNet VMS enables call up of live or recorded video directly from the access system browser interface
* Access Controller with unique built-in Request to Exit (REX)
* Everything is connected to a standard TCP/IP network ensuring ease of installation and expansion
* Unlimited doors, users and door time zones
* Utilizes SQL database for reliable and robust data storage
* Advanced SSL encryption ensures system security
* Assign multiple cards or PINs to each user
* Manage unlimited sites across multiple time zones
* Remote firmware upgradable
* Power-over-Ethernet (PoE)