UNIFOSA NAS Certified for VAAI-NAS
UNIFOSA CORP. announced that the latest proNAS 3.0 OS, based on EN-3163S6T-RQX, network shared storage, has passed certification for VMware vSphere 5 and VMware vStorage APIs for Array Integration (VAAI) NFS and that provides hardware acceleration functionality from storage.
The EN-3163S6T-RQX supports VAAI-NAS function with space reservation and full file clone for NAS hardware acceleration. EN-3163S6T-RQX supports these functions to allocate space for a virtual disk file in thick format and clone entire files in a virtual environment. These VAAI-NAS certified feature is enabled by proNAS 3.0 VAAI NFS Plug-in to the VMware ESX servers.
The EN-3163S6T-RQX supports a variety of advanced storage management and application features such as VAAI, HA, Thin-Provisioning, Snapshot, Replication, etc, and it is highly scalable for storage capacity and host interfaces. With SAS JBODs, it can support up to 128 drives, up to 512TB, and users can just add on JBOD for capacity expansion when needed. It’s a solution consolidating NAS, SAN and iSCSI into one chassis which provides both file level and block level I/O access. The EN-3163S6T-RQX has built-in hardware RAID engine to offer fault tolerance and data protection as RAID level 0, 1, 10(1E), 3, 5, 6, 50, 60 and JBOD mode. Drives can be set as hot spare, have automatically hot rebuild and online capacity expansion within the enclosure.
The EN-3163S6T-RQX network storage solution is shipping now.
- 3U rackmount chassis supports up to 16 2.5”/3.5” SASII/SATAIII drives
- Flexible capacity scaling (Expandable up to 512TB)
- High-performance and multiple host interfaces: 1Gb/s, 10Gb/s NICs or 8Gb/s FC
- 3 nodes High Availability cluster: Offering up to 3 nodes active/active high-availability service for storage which ensures no service down time when any NAS server failed.
- Thin Provisioning: All volumes can be configured with thin provisioning to optimize storage capacity and further reduce cost.
- Data backup and remote real-time replication: Complete backup solution, including full, differential, and incremental two-way backup via attached storage (USB/eSATA/iSCSI/RDX), or to remote share, Rsync server, cloud storage and remote real-time replication.
- App support: User can monitor storage system remotely through App, both Android and Apple, on mobile devices.