Video analytics has come a long way over the years, with constantly improving technology and gaining popularity across various applications. However one thing that has yet to be seen is the availability of high-performance analytics software at an affordable price.
Enter in Beijing Impower Technology, provider of video and audio intelligent analytics that offer cost-effective solutions for a wide range of applications. The analytics uses less CPU and can be easily embedded in third party SoC platforms.
The applications that are used for Impower’s video and audio analytics include:
- Perimeter environment assurance: Detect intruders in pre-defined area
- Outdoor perimeter assurance: Detect human movement in outdoor pre-defined area
- Abnormal video diagnosis: Monitor surveillance camera status
- Object status change: Detect whether an object is missing or left behind
- Enhanced motion detection: indoor motion detection
- License plate recognition: Detect and recognize license plate at a minimum of 80 x 100 pixels, and can recognize a maximum of eight plates on the same screen
- Video face detection: Detect faces from recorded video or real-time video
- Gender and age analysis: Help business owners target customer information to benefit business management and operation
- People counting: Overhead camera counts people coming in and out of a shop
- Crowd density detection: Used for public security, can detect high, medium and low density crowds
- Baby monitoring: Detects infant’s body movement while sleeping and analyze sleeping quality
- Intruder detection: Indoor intruder detection
- Baby crying detection: Detect baby’s crying on indoor camera
- Glass breaking detection: Detect glass breaking sounds to avoid injury of baby
Accurate image recognition analysis and audio identification capabilities being the core technology of Impower, the company also focuses on analytics for projects. The intelligent target searching system is called the Silver System, a rapid and powerful system that reduces a long video into a short summary, which allows users to quickly find the footage they are looking for. Featuring the capability to schedule analysis, the user can reduce waiting time by scheduling a search beforehand.
"When you have a whole day of video footage but you are only looking for one event, the summarizing of the footage will drastically decrease searching time," explained Grace Chang, Marketing and Sales Director at Beijing Impower Technologies.
The flexibility of the Silver System allows it to be used with several types of video recorded on DVRs, NVRs and video management systems. It can also be customized to support OPA, LPR, PFR intelligent video analytics functions.