Some major parking management solutions for malls
Source: Prasanth Aby Thomas, Consultant Editor
Several companies across the globe provide parking solutions
for malls and shopping centers
. Even within them, there are categories like those who provide hardware alone or software
alone. The best thing about most of these companies is that they are continuously trying to innovate using the new technologies that come into the market.
Here we list some major parking solution management companies who meet certain criteria to perform well in the malls and shopping centers vertical. Please note that this is by no means comprehensive. We would welcome more companies in this field to get in touch with us and let us explore their solutions.
The New York-headquartered Park Assist provides a camera based smart-sensor system and customizable way-finding signage to manage to park in a range of verticals including the retail sector. The solution goes beyond just assisting parking activities in providing business intelligence that would help companies improve their bottom lines. Some of its features are:
- Upon arrival, exterior and entry way-finding signage show vacancy counts that help parkers to choose a facility and/or parking level.
- After entering, interior way-finding signage and directional in-aisle pointers provide follow-up parking guidance, helping them make on-the-spot decisions within a chosen level.
- This is where smart-sensors take over – as their bright color-coded LEDs signal parkers quickly to open spaces.
- When parkers return to their vehicles, Park Assist closes the loop with the exclusive vehicle locator feature.
- Park Assist mobile APIs can also be used to make customer-facing features accessible through a wide range of standards-based apps for smartphones and tablets.
The Germany-based Designa offers PM ABACUS a parking solution that works across verticals. In malls and shopping centers particularly, this solution takes the entertainment aspect of malls to another level by offering raffles on tickets, potentially offering business value to the mall management. Some of its features are:
- Flexible authorization (magnetic strip, barcode, smartphone, RFID)
- Integration in an authentic Cloud service
- Web & app services
- Lowest energy consumption in its class
- Height of the control panel can be adapted to the latest car dimensions
- Robust and resistant thanks to high-quality aluminum housing
- Flexible when it comes to integrating new functions
Based in Austria, Skidata has a presence in several countries across the globe. The company’s parking management solution for shopping centers offers flexibility to adapt to the customers’ business requirements. Its major features include:
- Convenient parking for a relaxed shopping experience
- Parking spaces exclusively for customers and employees
- Validation solutions for customers
- Payment for parking ticket with the purchase (Shop & Go)
- Discounts and VIP parking lots for regular customers
- Parking space reservation
- Separate employee parking spaces
HUB Parking Technology
HUB Parking Technology is based in Italy. Apart from providing parking guidance solutions, the solution reduces risk and fraud in cash handling on the shop floor, analyze a parker’s preferences and behavior, frequency and peak times and many more.
- Pick any color to distinguish the pay station from a dull grey background.
- Offers many payment methods such as coins and notes but also by the acceptance of credit or debit card and Chip & PIN options.
- Engendering loyalty through regular users or store-related promotions, loyalty cards and similar.
- Machines which demand the least from the operator in terms of maintenance, training, and operational costs
The Spanish company Urbiotica offers technological components required for the guidance of drivers within the parking areas.
- Outdoor wireless sensing system to gather the real-time parking availability by spot or by areas
- Indoor ultrasonic sensors and level controllers
- Dynamic message signs and totems adapted to privately owned public parking
- Web and mobile applications for guidance, system management and analyzing the use of the parking spaces and areas