With the Asian security and VMS market is set to expand at a quick pace in the coming years, Milestone Systems is going all out to continue its leading role in the region with a slew of technology and partnership offerings.
Lantech industrial Ethernet switches implemented by European bus manufacturers
The main bus and coach manufacturers in Europe are Volvo, Scania AB, Mercedes-Benz & MAN Truck & Bus. Their latest products are distributed around the world. Each up to date vehicle will have an IP network installed. A standard bus can only provide either 24Vdc or 12Vdc for supply to additional systems, therefore these manufacturers require a perfect Ethernet switch able to meet the supply voltage & vehicle environmental requirements in particular with high voltage cramp or surge protection when engine starts. The switch needs to be able to provide PoE supply voltage of 48Vdc to PoE devices. When installing additional equipment on vehicles there are some strict certifications & tests this equipment needs to pass, this also varies across different countries.
- Unmanaged Ethernet switch with 8 RJ45-port
- Support IEEE802.3at/af PoE standard
- Power input: 24VDC for bus environment
- E-marking certified
- Compliant with ISO7637-2
- Extended operating temperature
project has been chosen for these projects, as the communication hub of the IP network. Lantech’s POE switch provides the communication links to passenger counters, CCTV camera and drivers panel.
Lantech solution: IPES-0008B-12V-E
- 8x10/100TX PoE at/af unmanaged Ethernet switch
- Dual 24VDC power input (9~56VDC)
- Support IEEE802.3at/af up to 30W per port (120W PoE budget at 24VDC input)
- Rugged IP30 housing with operating temperature from -40°C to 75°C
- Compliant with ISO 7637-2
- E-marking certificate (E13) for vehicle application