In most outdoor industrial operations there exists the potential for one piece of equipment to collide with another, or indeed a person, operating in and around the same area. Early detection and prevention of collisions is of course vital for a safe and efficient operation. This applies for manned operations but also increasingly for machines that are operated remotely or even autonomously. Whilst dependable detection is a prerequisite for any safety system, so is a reliable operation with alerts only being raised in genuine circumstances.
The Navtech SafeGuard system comprises a high frequency radar sensor and a software system called Witness. The Witness software receives radar data directly from a Navtech I200 scanning radar and interprets it to detect and track objects within user defined areas of operation. Alert messages can then be sent to the machine controller, to take corrective action. Various interface options are available.
Radar have been reliably used for the outdoor industrial automation of various vehicles for a number of years. They are not affected by bright sunlight, rain, fog and dust in the atmosphere or on the sensor itself and these conditions have little effect on the detection performance.
* All Weather, Day Or Night Operation.
* Reliable Even In Dusty And Sandy Environments.
* Very Low False Alarms, Increasing Operator Confidence In The System.
* Easy To Commission And Use With The Witness Processing Software.
* Early Detection, From A Long Range Detector.
* Minimal Maintenance And No Routine Cleaning Of The Detector Is Needed.