pivCLASS dual interface smart cards portfolio is a series of high security microprocessor cards for combined logical and physical access. The cards are utilized for two factor authentication, providing data confidentiality, digital signatures, secure remote access and desktop login. For physical access control, the cards include one or two contactless interface(s) to support over-the-air authentication with support for iCLASS Seos, iCLASS SE, standard iCLASS or Proximity.
The credit card-sized credentials support FIPS 201 government deployments, while the highly durability card body makes the credentials ideal for a range of additional use cases, including government ID programs. The cards are available as a Personal Identity Verification (PIV) for US Government employees and a PIV Interoperable (PIV-I) for US Government contractors.
pivCLASS smart cards are also available as a Commercial Identity Verification (CIV) credential for use by governments around the world or private organizations that require highly secure access control for sensitive areas, including power stations as well as data storage, nuclear, water and petrochemical facilities and other critical infrastructures.
* Dual interface capability: single smart card chip with both a contact and a contactless interface, using shared memory and chip resources.
* Smart card chip integrates secure co-processor with high performance for cryptographic calculations with symmetric and asymmetric PKI keys.
* Large memory space to support PIV application (and associated data model) as well as other applications.
* Flexible support for post-issuance requests (add, update or delete for card applications/objects).
* FIPS 140-2 (security accreditation) and FIPS 201 approved as per NIST requirements.
* Supports HID Global's Secure Identity Object? (SIO) for protecting the contactless interface (beyond the FIPS 201 data model).
* Extended 10 year warranty.