HID Global's iCLASS Seos smart card is a high frequency smart card with physical and logical access control solutions for increased security, privacy and portability. As a secure, standards-based technology to manage and authenticate identities, the open-design credential can be used for physical and logical access control, cashless vending, transit and a variety of other applications; it can also be used across multiple form factors including Near Field Communications (NFC) smartphones and other mobile devices. The state-of-the-art iCLASS Seos credential delivers superior data integrity and enhanced privacy protection for physical and logical access control by leveraging the latest standardized cryptographic algorithms for securing contactless communications. In order to protect data transmission with off-card applications, the smart card also utilizes a secure messaging protocol to provide full data confidentiality.
The smart card leverages a microprocessor-based architecture that allows it to be programmed or updated during the life span of the credential. By utilizing existing standards for contactless protocol communication, card edge definition and cryptographically protected protocols, the credential also provides maximum interoperability to support future credential technologies.
iCLASS Seos is part of the iCLASS SE platform (based on HID's Secure Identity Object [SIO] data model and Trusted Identity Platform [TIP]) and provides customers the assurance that their investments in today's technologies can be leveraged to enhance their system as business requirements change.
* iCLASS Seos application is portable to a variety of media, including microprocessor cards and smartphones for mobile access.
* Versatile, highly configurable data model with support for one or multiple SIOs per application, providing individual protection of each application's identity data.
* Extended smart card read range for increased performance.
* Large memory space for demanding applications.
* High throughput smart card that leverages a secure microprocessor.
* High resistance to common attacks (man in the middle, replay attacks and others).
* Long-lasting smart card solution using composite card body construction.
* Available with a large range of options for customization (magnetic stripe, custom artwork, counterfeiting features, and a full set of programming formats for contactless smart cards).