The HID EdgeReader IP Access Solution puts control and host interface at the door — right inside the HID contactless smart card reader. The HID EdgeReader ERP40 is a unique multiCLASS reader with an IP-enabled intelligent access control processor and host interface solution in a single unit. With the same footprint as traditional reader solutions, the EdgeReader ERP40 provides a complete and full-featured access control hardware/ software infrastructure and contactless smart card read/write capability at “the edge” of the network for OEM software host systems. A perfect solution for new building installations, the EdgeReader ERP40 requires less wiring, and controls every control function at the door.
* Stores up to 44,000 cards or credentials directly from the host
* 255 configurable priorities for supervised inputs/alarms
* Incorporates the HID OPIN Technology TCP/IP API with an available Windows DLL tool
* Built-in 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE), with 600mA available for external field devices
* Accepts local connection option via laptop for diagnostics and configuration
* Connects to host on the IP network
* Controls and powers all access devices at the door