The pivCLASS solutions portfolio includes a broad selection of contact, contactless and biometric pivCLASS Readers for agencies to meet to meet the requirements for any assurance level and the NIST SP 800-116 guidelines. The readers work with the pivCLASS Authentication Module (PAM) to meet requirements any assurance level.
pivCLASS readers also provide fully functional backward compatibility with existing iCLASS and HID Prox readers, easing the transition from legacy cards to PKI-based credentials.
Up to two pivCLASS readers can connect to a PAM via four-wire RS-485 connections, typically enabling facilities to re-use much of their existing wiring.
* Contactless reader solution meets NIST's "Controlled" security area assurance level requirements with a single-factor authentication mode: CHUID or CAK.
* Contact reader solution meets NIST's "Limited" security area assurance level requirements with two-factor authentication mode: PIV + PIN.
* Contact biometric (BIO) reader solution meets NIST's "Exclusion" assurance level requirements with three-factor authentication mode: PIV + PIN + BIO.
* FASC-N reads for non-SP800-116 "uncontrolled" areas and the additional TWIC authentication modes, CHUID + BIO and CAK + BIO.
* Supports nearly any card type, contact or contactless, including PIV, PIV-I, CIV (a.k.a., PIV-C), TWIC, FRAC and CAC.