IFC-Serial-PRO is a PROFIBUS to fiber optic converter which secures PROFIBUS data transmission via fiber optical cabling for extending distance and isolating EMC/noise to reduce mutual interference between PROFIBUS devices. These products are protocol transparent, can be applied to the PROFIBUS, and also can be applied to other networks using RS485 interfaces.
This converter is capable of selecting interface modes for connection to RS-485 2-wire half duplex or 4-wire full duplex. Additionally, the terminal block offers an alarm relay contact and two redundant DC power inputs. IFC Series converters are also available in two operating temperature ranges, a standard -10° to 60°C commercial temperature range and an extended -40° to 75°C range. With all these specifically designed features, the series is reliable and an ideal solution for keeping your industrial automation applications running smoothly and continuously even in harsh environments.
▪ Supports 1 fiber link
▪ Extend serial transmission distance up to 2km, 30km, 60km
▪ Supports point to point
▪ Redundant dual power inputs (12/24/48VDC)
▪ Protocol transparent. These products can be applied to the PROFIBUS, but also can be applied to other network using RS485 interface
▪ Baudrate up to 12Mbps
▪ Auto baudrate, no need to set baudrate
▪ 2.5KVrms isolation for serial port
▪ CE, FCC, heavy industrial grade EMS, EMI, EN61000-6-2, EN61000-6-4 certified
▪ Supports relay output for power or link failure warning
▪ Hardened housing with IP30 protection
▪ Fanless and DIN-Rail design for harsh industrial environment
▪ Adjustable pull high/low resistor and terminator for RS-422/485 transmission