Mobile surveillance for law enforcement
Source: Ryan Liu
Video recordings have become more important in recent years, as having evidence for certain events can help law enforcement officers view the situation and make better decisions. It has also become quite essential to equip police vehicles with reliable recording devices as they patrol the streets. There are a number of in-vehicle surveillance systems and mobile DVRs to aid police officers while they are on the clock.
Quite a few in-vehicle cameras offer clear Full HD quality images for footage review. To ensure every angle is captured, some devices also have 360-degree recording features. Certain cameras also feature automatic recording, enabling officers to focus on their tasks without manually pressing the record button.
Iveda VEMO 4000 Series In-Vehicle Video Surveillance System
is an in-vehicle video surveillance system that records events from inside and outside the vehicle. With three mobile digital video recorders (MDVRs) and six cameras to choose from, VEMO 4000 provides a solution for a wide variety of transportation surveillance needs. This untethered solution utilizes cellular service and Wi-Fi.
- 3G/4G module for real-time video streaming and vehicle position tracking
- View multiple vehicles from a single login
- Simple web browser access to live and recorded video
- Local video management software
- 4 CH DVR and 8 CH DVR – attaches up to 8 analog cameras
- Video output for live view, playback to a local monitor
Panasonic Arbitrator 360° HD Rugged In-Car Digital Video Recording System
The Arbitrator 360° HD
rugged in-car digital video recording system boasts high image quality and precision for critical mobile video evidence capture. Its Full HD 1080p front camera delivers amazing clarity and ultra-accurate color representation, and the system supports up to five cameras of simultaneous recording for a full 360-degree view to maximize situational awareness.
- Full HD, 1080p, high-quality video evidence capture
- 360-degree recording and viewing
- Low-light technology for viewing in darkness
- 65-degree, wide-angle lens and up to 360x zoom for maximum field of view
- Supports up to two 512 GB SSDs
- Wireless microphone system can transmit quality audio up to 1 mile from the receiver
Pannin Technologies Trilogy In-Car and Body Camera Integrated Solution
The camera offers hands-free recording for officers on duty. It includes 1080p resolution for Full HD capture. The body cam offers eight hours continuous recording with 64 GB storage space to ensure maximum space without losing power.
Dual Dash Camera has a front 1080p camera and a 720p rear camera resolution. Built-in GPS to track current location and an accelerometer. To make sure all the footage is captured complete, the camera has preand post- event recordings.
- Small foot print; total in-car solution
- Auto video transfer from in-car to body camera
- Acts as dash cam mic
- Automatic infrared when mounted in-car
- When used as a body camera, it works as body worn radio mic and PTT
L3 Mobile-Vision FlashbackHD Video Recording Solution
FlashbackHD system provides the ultimate video capture solution. The new streamlined camera is highlighted with a 10x optical plus 12x digital zoom. This allows the capture of images at greater distances while high definition video technology provides for the maximum level of image detail.
This revolutionary camera can be rotated 360 degrees, allowing video to be captured inside or out of the vehicle. Equipped with exclusive Nite-Watch technology, the camera intuitively highlights objects in shadowed areas and prevents glare from headlights, providing the ultimate experience in high definition.
- Automatic record triggering
- Faster uploads of video and faster downloads of software updates utilizing 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Records in 720p HD to maintain the crispness of the video or in SD to minimize file size
- L3’s Nite-Watch technology increases the ability to record video surveillance in extreme low-light conditions
- Trace Points – enables fast and accurate tracking of vital events in video recordings
- Records up to five cameras and three audio sources simultaneously
COBAN TITAN M7/M7v In-Car Video System
Titan M7 delivers a complete mobile computing and video solution that saves resources where it matters most. The integrated, all-in-one system costs less, which means more money for responders in the field. It consumes less energy, which translates to more power to run other systems in the vehicle. And it takes up less space, giving public safety authorities more elbow room in their vehicles.
- Resolution captured in D1
- Intel Core i7-620LE Processor (4M Cache, 2.00 GHz)
- 12.1” active-matrix color; resistive touchscreen (glove-friendly)
- Constantly records in background to provide unlimited pre-events
- Solid-state internal hard drive; 256 GB standard
- Sophisticated logic and built-in, uninterrupted power supply (UPS) regulates vehicle voltage, protecting the vehicle battery and the system’s own power supply
WatchGuard Video Panoramic X2 Camera
WatchGuard’s Panoramic X2 HD camera dramatically expands 4RE’s video coverage in front of the patrol car by combining the stunning quality of the Zero Sightline Camera with an HD panoramic camera, all in one compact, rugged housing. This design expands on 4RE’s efficient use of video storage by including brand new 4RE firmware that automatically uploads the panoramic camera stream only when needed.
- 68° primary camera field of view
- 16:9 wide screen aspect ratio
- Panoramic strip camera
- 16:3 ultra-wide screen aspect ratio
- Both cameras are U-WDR 720p
Genetec AutoVu Automatic License Plate Recognition (ALPR) System
automatic license plate recognition (ALPR) system automates license plate reading and identification, making it easier for law enforcement and for municipal and commercial organizations to locate vehicles of interest and enforce parking restrictions. Designed for both fixed and mobile installations, the AutoVu system is ideal for a variety of applications and entities, including law enforcement, municipal and commercial organizations.
The units can be deployed on patrol vehicles to extend the reach of the ALPR system. Identify stolen vehicles, keep track of suspects, detect parking infractions or gather ALPR data from areas not covered by fixed ALPR units with AutoVu's mobile-adapted software and units.
- Compare license plates to lists of wanted or suspect vehicles, or automatically identify employees at vehicle gates using AutoVu's flexible list management features
- Use ALPR events to trigger advanced actions, such as opening vehicle gates or triggering alarms
- Identify vehicles present in multiple regions of interest, or conduct searches for vehicles based on factors
- Integrate other software applications to fit with existing business processes
- AutoVu is unified with Omnicast
- Gives user total control over who can access the license plate data