Access control comes in a variety of options including smart cards, PIN input or even mobile devices. Biometric access control is one option that is unique to each individual and difficult to replicate. Biometric technology makes it almost impossible for others to steal the user’s identity and eliminates concerns over misplacing cards or passwords.
When it comes to the type of biometric access control a user needs, there are many choices to consider. Fingerprint scanners are the most common, owing to developments that have significantly increased the accuracy of print reading. Facial recognition and iris scanner are also viable choices that use the face and eye structure as a means of unique identification. Advances in biometrics have increased the accuracy and security of these access control technologies.
Suprema SFM6000 series fingerprint embedded modules
The Suprema SFM6000
series represents a great leap forward in biometrics. It boasts a powerful 1.0 GHz CPU that empowers the worlds’ fastest authentication, and supports multiple interfaces including RS232 and USB2.0 that allow high-speed data transfer. With enlarged template capacity up to 25,000 templates, the SFM6000 Series is a solution for large-scaled yet fast authentication.
- 1:1 verification in 330 milliseconds (ms)
- 8 configurable digital I/O ports
- 1:1,000 identification in 400 ms
- Suprema, ISO 19794-2, ANSI 378 template options
- 256-bit AES fingerprint data encryption
- Android SDK
Safran Morpho MorphoFACE biometric solution
by Safran Morpho
integrates state-of-the-art face recognition technologies, thus ensuring a high level of accuracy and a strong defense against fraud attempts. Based on 3D video tracking, this biometric solution enables a steady flow of users, keeping them “on-the-move” at all times, with no compromise on facial image capture quality and matching performance.
MorphoFACE is a comprehensive solution for a range of applications where throughput, security and convenience are key requirements. This includes border control, self-boarding and passenger flow management. Highly adaptable, it comes either as a compact standalone unit or as a complete, ready- to-integrate OEM kit.
- “On-the-move” face capture and identification
- Multi-camera face capture for reliable 3D video tracking
- Non-intrusive and intuitive, requiring minimal user cooperation
- Robust to users’ behavior and profile
- Anti-spoofing capabilities
- High image quality and accuracy
Fujitsu PalmSecure palm vein authentication system
The Fujitsu PalmSecure sensor uses near-infrared light to capture a person’s palm vein pattern, generating a unique biometric template that is matched against pre-registered user patterns. The palm vein device can only recognize the pattern if the blood is actively flowing within the individual’s veins, which means that forgery is virtually impossible.
This advanced, vascular pattern recognition technology provides highly reliable authentication. The PalmSecure technology false accept rate is just 0.00001 percent with an exceptional false reject rate of 1 percent, all in a small form factor that generates extremely fast authentication, usually under one second.
- Advanced biometric authentication algorithm delivers ultra-low false accept rate (FAR)and false reject rate (FRR)
- Contactless palm vein authentication is hygienic and noninvasive – no residual trace technology
- Encrypted repository for template storage and enterprise level event logging capability
- Quick-start deployment across the enterprise raises security and adds value
- Software development kit (SDK) for organizations deploying PalmSecure technology
- Fast and easy registration with virtually no enrollment error
Innovatrics IFace software development kit
This face recognition SDK provides fast and accurate facial recognition and tracking functionality, facial template extraction and verification as well as image quality checks with accordance to ISO/IEC 19794-5 and International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) standards.
- Delivers facial biometrics capabilities to mobile and desktop devices
- Assures convenient support for self-service and assisted enrollment scenarios
- Enables quality evaluation of pre-enrolled facial images as per normative requirements
- Supports face tracking and evaluation scenarios in real-time image processing
- Enables high speed face recognition solutions
Iris ID iCAM 7S series advanced muti-factor biometric iris reader
The iCAM 7S enables rapid iris acquisition with greater image quality for superior enrollment and recognition. The patented holographic targeting mirror is just one part of an intuitive and interactive interface that includes voice and visual feedback for increased speed. All models feature the robust Iris ID countermeasure package.
The new iCAM 7S series is a leap forward with larger system capacity and even easier to use. A larger targeting mirror and auto-tilt assist allow touchless operation. The iCAM 7S models will operate in highly lighted areas (up to 17,000 lux).
biometric solutions provide highly accurate, non-contact identification by the iris of the eye from 14 inches away while delivering security, convenience, privacy and productivity to millions of people around the world. The iCAM 7S versatility and flexibility allows for easy integration with any Wiegand or IP network based access control, time and attendance, visitor management or point of sale applications.
- Fast fully automatic dual iris capture
- Non-intrusive, non-contact user interface
- Integrated high resolution face capture camera
- Leverages existing infrastructure
- Capacity for optional third-party surveillance camera
- Remote management
Zwipe access control
Zwipe Access is a versatile fingerprint-activated contactless credential working seamlessly with existing 125 kHz or 13.56 MHz infrastructure, without upgrading or replacing any readers or backend systems. Only after activation by a fingerprint scan will the card allow communication with a reader. Zwipe continues the security of biometric authentication with the speed and convenience of contactless credentials.
- Delivers consistent and accurate fingerprint reads in 1 second
- Unique to the cardholder, only the card owner can activate card communication with the reader
- Biometric data is stored on the card, eliminating the need to manage and secure an external database with fingerprint data
- Strong and resistant to cracking or breaking
- On-card authentication provides easy path to upgrade security without upgrading readers
ievo ultimate fingerprint reader
The ievo ultimate
was designed from the outset as a third-party reader, capable of seamlessly integrating into a large number of access control systems. Boasting many unique features and benefits, the ievo ultimate uses multispectral imaging combined with an advanced world-leading algorithm to keep data accurate and secure.
Operational in a variety of harsh environments, the ievo ultimate reader is the flagship fingerprint reader from ievo. With a standard template range of up to 10,000 fingerprints (larger capacity options are available), the ability to combat a vast majority of problem fingerprints and customizable options, the ultimate reader is suitable for any business in any industry.
- Algorithm identification < 1 second
- 1:N matching up to 10,000 fingerprint templates
- Designed for external and internal use
- Multispectral imaging sensor
- Data transmission AES (128bit) encrypted
- Activated by proximity detection