Hong Kong's First Solar Powered Wireless Surveillance System
Source: Jupiter Networks Limited | Date: 08/16/2010
In the midst of Tolo Harbour, Hong Kong, an important facility of a public utility was built. It is an offshore isolated platform where electricity network is out of reach. For years, the condition and security of the facility have been concerns of the public utility until the company met Jupiter (Jupiter Networks Limited).
In summer 2010, Jupiter resolved this prolonged headache of the utility by building up Hong Kong's First Solar Powered Wireless Surveillance System. Powered by solar energy, Jupiter's outdoor infra-red speed dome camera monitors the facility and sends video signals to the office at Tai Po via HSPA network. The staff at Tai Po office operates the camera through a remote client software while Jupiter's NVR stores and files all video records captured by the camera.
Benefits Brought By Jupiter's Solution:
- 7 x 24 remote monitoring of the live situation of the offshore facility from the office
- Save the cost for building an expensive access to the power network and resolve the issue of energy supply
- Environmental friendly and energy saving
- Identify risks and take preventive measures proactively
- Enable instant and proper responses upon crisis
- Deter potential sabotage
- Improve the security of the facility and bring peace-of-mind to the management
Established in 1999, Jupiter Networks Limited devotes to design and provide ingenious security solutions to serve the needs of corporations, institutions and organizations in various industries. Jupiter constructs the most reliable security solutions to safeguard the assets of the clients and protect their personnel. With the endeavors to promote people's peace-of-mind, Jupiter's clients are able to concentrate their efforts on the core businesses.