This ruggedized, handheld device allows for simple biometric enrollment and identification anywhere in the field. The IOM Handheld Identity Reader can capture dual-iris and facial images up to eighteen inches away—putting a comfortable distance between the user and the subject.
Operation is easy and requires only one hand. Once subjects are enrolled, the system performs identity verification in less than a second. The unit is completely self-contained. Its built-in wireless connectivity with automatic or on-demand synchronization ensures that the latest data is always available in the home office and in the field.
This portable form factor expands the possibilities of security applications—from preregistering individuals as they wait in line at an entertainment venue or military checkpoint to identifying subjects while on patrol. With its unprecedented standoff range and tolerance to user or subject motion, the IOM handheld delivers an advanced level of security and convenience that similar handheld devices cannot provide.
* Dual-iris enrollment with wireless connectivity to the database server
* Convenient two-click iris and face capture with one hand
* Identity verification in less than one second
* Standoff capture at a comfortable distance from subject
* Onboard enrollment for flexible registration
* Portable design for field operations
* Performs standoff identification over 18 inches away
* Operates one-handed with trigger squeeze
* Interoperable with all leading iris-matching algorithms
* Enables user enrollment into database
* Less expensive than similar devices on the market