WSI announced the Department of Energy (DOE) has awarded WSI a new contract to continue providing protective services at the Savannah River Site, a key nuclear facility near Aiken, South Carolina. The contract has an initial value of US$989 million over 10 years, which includes a five-year base period and two option periods of three and two years.WSI announced the Department of Energy (DOE) has awarded WSI a new contract to continue providing protective services at the Savannah River Site, a key nuclear facility near Aiken, South Carolina. The contract has an initial value of US$989 million over 10 years, which includes a five-year base period and two option periods of three and two years.
Performance requirements of the contract include:
- Safeguarding Special Nuclear Material.
- Protecting vital facilities against sabotage.
- Developing and maintaining procedures and orders governing protective force operations.
- Securing and maintaining safe operations by staffing security posts, patrolling designated areas, and providing law enforcement operations.
- Maintaining aviation (helicopter) operations.
- Providing tactical response to security emergencies.
"We are pleased that DOE has chosen WSI to protect this site that is critical to our National Security programs," said Dave Foley, President and CEO. "The WSI employees at SRS have a 26-year record of performance excellence and I'm extremely proud of their many achievements that led to this new contract."
The WSI-SRS Team has earned a reputation for superior service and has numerous notable achievements, including:
- Earned high performance evaluations from DOE for overall security operations at SRS.
- Won National Championships in DOE's Security Protection Officer Training Competition five out of the last six years.
- Won DOE's National Aviation Award for excellence in operating and maintaining DOE's security helicopters at the site.
- Earned the G-FIVE Award from the Department of Labor for support of military veterans, becoming one of only five companies nationwide to achieve this distinction.
- Achieved accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation for Law Enforcement Agencies.
- Earned recognition from the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce and South Carolina Diversity Council as one of the State's leading organizations on the forefront of diversity management.
- Won National Employer of the Year Award from the Veterans of Foreign Wars.
- Accepted into the South Carolina Environmental Excellence Program, demonstrating a voluntary commitment to environmental protection and preservation.
"I want to thank each and every member of our WSI-SRS Team," said Randy Garver, WSI's GM at SRS. "They have worked hard to earn this new contract, and we look forward to serving our nation ensuring the protection of critical assets."
WSI is the incumbent security contractor and has been providing security and protective services at SRS since 1983.