URC launched a two-way module for Total Control of Qadvanced automated roller shading systems from QMotion, a brand of Legrand | AV Residential Solutions. URC launched a two-way module for Total Control of Qadvanced automated roller shading systems from QMotion, a brand of Legrand | AV Residential Solutions. The module, available to authorized URC installers via URC’s dealer portal, makes it easy for commercial or residential end-users using any URC Total Control interface to raise, lower, stop and set the level of individual or groups of QMotion automated roller shades.
When authorized URC Total Control dealers to complete the installation and integration of URC’s Total Control system and QMotion’s Qadvanced Shading Systems, end users can easily do the following:
- Raise, lower, or set the level for each QMotion Motorized Shade or groups of QMotion Motorized Shades in their home, offices, boardroom, restaurant, bar, or other light commercial facilities.
- Automatically adjust the roller shade to the desired level based on activity macros, such as:
- “Video Conference Mode” for boardrooms
- “Dinner Time” Mode
- “Party Mode”
- “Romance Mode” for homes
- Automatically raise / lower QMotion shades based on the time of day.
- Automatically raise / lower QMotion shades or groups of QMotion shades when the end user’s car arrives in the driveway or is driving within a pre-determined distance of your home or commercial facility based on URC’s Geofencing technology.
- End users can also create or change groups of motorized shades using the QMotion QzHub App, which automatically synchronizes with the URC Total Control System.
“We are excited to include control of QMotion’s new Qadvanced Roller Shade Collection in our portfolio of two-way Total Control modules to control natural light in homes or commercial facilities,” commented Lars Granoe, URC’s Vice President of Product Management. “Now URC dealers can easily empower their end-users using any URC Total Control touch screen, handheld remote, keypad or the URC Total Control app on a smartphone or tablet from inside or outside their home.”
“We are thrilled to be announcing this compatibility with URC’s Total Control 2.0 System,” added Scott Kleinle, Legrand AV-Systems Director. “This collaboration will benefit both of our customers by providing them with unprecedented ease of use and a premium, whole-house or commercial facility experience.”
QMotion’s Qadvanced automated roller shade collection includes over 300 fabrics that an end-user can choose from to enhance their interior décor. To facilitate the connectivity between the two systems, QMotion’s QzHub3 controller is required for both battery-operated and/or hardwired automated shade offerings. A single QzHub3 can support up to 40 shades when used with range extenders.
“The great thing about QMotion’s shading solution is that there are no limits to how many shades can be included in a group, so the end-user can adjust the level of all of the shades in their entire installation. This aligns well with the scalability of our Total Control system,” noted Lars Granoe.
Sold only through direct dealers, Total Control 2.0 is URC’s smart automation and control system featuring premium performance, highly customizable GUIs and robust third-party integration. Total Control 2.0 is perfect for residential and commercial facilities such as bars & restaurants, conference rooms & executive offices, common areas & amenities spaces in multi-dwelling units, hospitality and classrooms.