3xLOGIC and integrator Interface Systems worked with Panda Express to customize 3xLOGIC's VIGIL TRENDS Business Intelligence software to meet the company's unique, comprehensive needs. Interface began system deployment in QI 2018 with the first location going live in March 2018.Panda Express is the largest family-owned restaurant chain in America, with more than 2,000 stores globally, 35,000 associates, and $3 billion in sales. Since it was established in 1983, Panda has steadily grown with approximately 125 stores opening each year. Privately owned and operated, the restaurant is guided by the core values of its co-founders and co-CEOs, Andrew and Peggy Cherng.
As laid out by Lyle Forcum, Executive Director for Asset Protection, the challenge to Panda was as simple as it was formidable: "As an industry leader, Panda Express's culture sets an expectation of best-in-class results. So, we needed a state-of-the-art business intelligence solution to provide us with truly actionable information. Intelligence we can act on is central to Panda's business strategy, which focuses on meeting high standards through continuous operational improvement.”
Starting in August 2017, 3xLOGIC and integrator Interface Systems worked with Panda Express to customize 3xLOGIC's VIGIL TRENDS Business Intelligence software to meet the company's unique, comprehensive needs. Interface began system deployment in QI 2018 with the first location going live in March 2018. Today, TRENDS is deployed at 1,960 locations and has been fully integrated with existing Interface video surveillance and alarm systems.
"Actionable information and intelligence is central to Panda’s business strategy, which focuses on meeting high standards through continuous operational improvement. We now have a cutting-edge tool deployed across the entire enterprise that we can all be proud of,”commented Lyle Forcum, Executive Director for Asset Protection, Panda Express.
"It was impressive that we were able to integrate TRENDS so seamlessly with existing intrusion and video systems, and the entire solution was rolled out without a single technician visiting any store.” Sean Foley, Interface SVP, National Accounts
- Unlike many retail BI implementations, Panda's focus is not solely on loss prevention, but also on tracking and improving all operations at every store, including people development, comparing store performance across the organization, optimizing store efficiencies, monitoring intrusion data, tracking cash, and much more.
- The system provides an array of dashboards for all levels in the organization that give an at-a-glance or drilled-down overviews of an employee’s priorities and responsibilities.
- To set its people up for success, store managers can review all employee transactional behavior and address opportunity areas with any staff within two days.
- TRENDS visually displays how many people are working per hour, what job they are facilitating, and the revenue generated per hour.
- Each manager has access to important store intrusion data in which a very simple display shows when stores are opened and closed, deliveries made, cleaning done, and if the store is being remotely armed and disarmed.
VIGIL TRENDS provides a clean, simple visual snapshot of your business. Leveraging unique icons, graphs, and intuitive colorgrouped images, TRENDS empowers the user to interpret vast amounts of disparate data more effectively and efficiently than ever thought possible. TRENDS reports are completely customizable, presenting information in the format and method that's effective for the business goals.