Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) introduced the new TVP5158, TVP5157 and TVP5156 multichannel NTSC/PAL video decoders that deliver superior picture quality. The new devices feature advanced 2D adaptive comb filter core and image enhancement techniques, such as auto contrast and video noise filtering. With the ability to simultaneously decode four channels of video input, the new TVP515x solutions are ideal for video surveillance and video conferencing designs that require multiple-channels of decoding in a cost- and space-efficient manner. These applications include multichannel DVR, digital video servers (DVS), hybrid DVRs, cameras for video conferencing and digital signage products. Additionally, flexible video outputs on the TVP5158 and interface to TI digital media processors based on DaVinci technology reduce system cost by up to US$10 by eliminating the need for an external FPGA.
Key Features and Benefits for the Three Decoders:
* Four high-quality NTSC/PAL video decoders on each TVP515x chip can concurrently decode four video channels and then stream a single output to the DSP, enabling customers to benefit from a lower cost per channel
* High-quality five-line adaptive comb filter algorithms for all NTSC/PAL standards
* Multichip operation with two TVP5158 devices allow for simultaneous eight channel half D1 or eight channel CIF output
* Auto contrast improves image quality under poor lighting conditions and off loads processing from the associated DSP, giving customers more headroom to implement other algorithms
* Video noise reduction with 2D spatial filtering improves image quality and compression ratio under poor lighting conditions for better storage compression