Vi6104 Active Receiver Hub
- Supplier: Vigitron, Inc.
- Region: United States
- Updated: 07/19/2007
- Click Frequency: 1788
- Quality color and B&W video over 6000 feet (1830 m) of unshielded twisted pair wires (UTP).
- NTSC, PAL, and SECAM video formats
- Compatible with qualified UTP cameras
- 70 dB cross talk and noise immunity
- Full ground-loop immunity
- Built-in differential and common surge protection
- A single distance adjustment for each video channel
- Detachable terminal blocks and RJ-45 connector for UTP
- Video Present LED indicators for each channel
- High-Density, 1U Rack-Mountable with a Vi0010 panel
- Limited Lifetime warranty
- Security and Surveillance
- Elevator Surveillance
- Casino Security
- Hospitals and Airports
- School Campuses
The Vigitron Vi6104 is an advanced 4 port active receiver Hub that receives high resolution color or B&W video over unshielded twisted pair wires Category 2-7 at distances up to 6,000 feet (1830 m) when used with Vigitron Vi6100VT Active Transmitter. It can be used with any Vigitron passive transceiver for distances up to 3,500 feet (1060 m).
The Vi6104 is a compact unit that can be rack mounted with an optional rack kit. Each video channel has a single distance adjustment, as well as an LED to indicate video presence. This receiver has built-in surge suppression to protect video equipment against damaging voltage spikes. Its Integrated Ground Loop isolation prevents disturbing "hum-bars" common with long distance installations and its excellent crosstalk and noise immunity provides quality video up to the maximum distance. The Vi6104, in addition to terminal blocks, provides an RJ-45 port for UTP connectivity to simplify VPD system installations.
The Vi6104 innovative design offers exceptional quality video and system flexibility that makes it ideal for a wide variety of applications that require multiple video channels, and makes it a cost-effective alternative to expensive fiber optic solutions.
Wire and Cable Recommendations
The Vigitron products are designed to be used with unshielded twisted pair (UTP) wiring. The UTP wire must be 24AWG - 12AWG or Category 2-7 cable. Multi-pair cable with an overall shield is acceptable, however individually shielded pairs should be avoided, Multiple UTP Video feeds can be operated in the same communication cable along with telephone, computer, control signals and low power voltages. While UTP video may be routed through punch-down block terminals, any resistive, capacitive or inductive devices (such as T-taps or MOV''s) must not be used. For more specific information regarding wire types and proper installation techniques, please contact Vigitron for technical assistance.